Upstate Nissan Of Anderson, SC / scam and cheating!

1 Anderson, SC, United States Review updated:
Phone: 864-226-4000

I have a one year old Nissan Sentra around 18000 miles. A sensor light came on the dash of my car. I called the local Nissan Dealership to ask how to reset the light. I was told to put 35 pounds of pressure in my tires and if the light did not go out bring into the dealership. I had my tires inflated to correct pounds of pressure but light would not go out. I carried the vehicle into the dealership for further diagnosis. The dealer drove my car out of my sight and returned in two minutes with the light off. He handed me a bill for $42.00 saying that he had to put more air into my tires and was charging me for labor. I did not authorize him to do any work--only to diagnose what should be done. I was not informed ahead of time to expect such an unreasonable bill. Upon receiving this bill--I called my father on my cell phone. My father discussed the bill and the service person hung up my cell phone on my father. At this point he REFUSED to return my cell phone and also to release my car to me unless I immediately paid this hefty, unreasonable bill of which I never authorized work to be done. At this point I told the service person to give me my cellphone and car keys or I would call the police. He then laid down my belongings and I left without paying the bill as he ran after my moving car.///The next day, I returned to Nissan to complain to the service manager, Charlie Nappi. I was further treated very unprofessionally and told never to return to this Nissan dealership again. I was treated this way because I did not purchase my vehicle from this particular Nissan dealership and because I service my own vehicle elsewhere.

Comments

• Le
      9th of Apr, 2008

I agree 100%. I just took my 2000 Nissan Sentra in with the check engine light on. They diagnosed it and said it was a Mass Air Flow Meter and it would be $701.00 to fix. We picked it up to decide what we were going to do with it and I could barely get it home. My husband found a broken part under the hood and when we went back to talk with the "service manager" we were yelled at by another service guy and the manager never apologized and basically said tough and slammed my hood and then told us good luck! They put my life in danger by replacing the broken part with another bad part. It made my car worse than before. Charlie Nappi is a joke of a manager.

• Co
      7th of Oct, 2008

I recently bought a Nissan Versa from upstate and was in Florida at the time of purchase. Not only did Charlie Nappi make sure that every step of my purchase was completely painless, but he also met me personally to show me the ins and outs of the vehicle. I have been back to the dealership since then and find him to be a completely reasonable person. It is his job to make sure that things run correctly and I have never had an issue. When people get cars worked on they often think they are going to be screwed from the very beginning. This has been true with other vehicles I have had. However, I find that anyone who may have a problem with the service, or the people working on their vehicle should give them a little credit...if you could do it then you would, but people who work have got to get paid, and if you dont want to pay them then don't go there. There not trying to screw you, they aren't replacing one part with another bad part, and there not going to hold your freaking cell phone hostage (who does that?). I think you two are a perfect example of irrational people...and if you don't want the new part broke then don't ###ing break it yourself to get your money back.

• Ru
      7th of Oct, 2008

I think upstate automotive is one of the best car dealerships i have ever had the pleasure of doing business with. I have talked to Charlie Nappi directly and he has always been nice to me. I think that your complaints are unwarranted.

• Je
      7th of Oct, 2008

I think upstate is awesome...how could anyone say other wise?

• Ca
      25th of Jan, 2009

Upstate Automotive is no longer a good business. When you buy a car and pay cash for it, you expect to receive your title. Beware, you may not! Also, they charge this stupid fee they call procurement fee, they may call it a administrative fee. WHATEVER, RIPOFF!! Go on down the road or better off to another state...Over half of the dealerships in Anderson, SC are scammers. ALWAYS check with the Better Business Bureau to see what rating a dealership has.