UPS Store / rude staff

1 Whitelane and GosfordBakersfield, United States Review updated:

I ask the clerk in the UPS office to box the items that I laid on the counter. Instead the girl filled the box with popcorn and place my items in the box and sealed it with tape. When she brought the b ox out I asked her if it was full, she stated no. I had additional items to be placed in the box. She took the tape off and proceed to say, "I do not want your glass items to be broken." (There were no glass items in the box. The n ext day or today I had additional items to send; again, the girl placed the items in the box along with popcorn. I abruptly asked her to take the popcorn out. I only asked for a box and there were no glass items. The other staff member stated that I did not have to be rude! The other staff member continued on with, you are rude, why do you have to talk so loud, etc. She could not shut up. Of course I will change UP store.

Comments

• Pa
      3rd of Nov, 2009

If you are asking the UPS Store to pack your items for you, they have to be packed to UPS specifications. Reason being is that anything packed by the UPS Store is guaranteed against damage. You don't want a bunch of empty space in a box when shipping, even if there aren't any fragile items inside. Imagine a half empty box on the BOTTOM of a stack of boxes on the back of a truck. The box splits open, items fall out, all because you don't want packing peanuts for some reason. The employee was just doing her job and based on what you said, you snapped at her.

Next time just buy a box and pack it yourself if you want it done incorrectly.

• Il
      24th of Dec, 2010

the manager at this location is an absolute unprofessional. first of all he thinks he is acting under his own authority.
    when you cary the ups logo on your front store, you better be able to carry the ups values and standards or professionalism in every aspect of the business
    i've been going here for a few times and every single i ask a question to get an explanation about why in this particular store things are different than in other ups stores around the area (where staff is friendly i might add) the only answer i get is " sir, please go to another location from now on"

is this guy really stupid or what
    not to mention his store is pretty much empty all the time, even though he is in a populated strip mall plaza
    dude, wake up! you need all the business you can get
    regular customers like me can go to other ups stores in the area, or even usps or fedex

i know i am not goin back to that place