Ups Store 3495 Cambie Vancouver / gutless hidden charges
Beware UPS hidden fees. I used the UPS store on Cambie near 18th yesterday. I asked whether they did regular postage. The man said yes, put my large envelop on a non-metered scale and charged me $3.52. The impression was clearly that the 3.52 was based on metering. After paying, he then said, 'everything's fine. we'll put in the mailbox for you.' I thought perhaps it is better I put it in the mailbox and said "I would like to put the envelope in the mailbox." That's when things turned funny. He suddenly looked uncomfortable. The man very hesitantly took my envelop to another scale, one that was metered. It was only then that I noticed that the first scale was not a metered one--it was just part of the game. He stood there a long spell and finally, pressed a button and a postage sticker came out. He handed me back my stamped letter and I proceeded to walk out the store. Then, I noticed that the postage read just over 2 dollars! I went back and asked about this and the man said 'we're not canada post so we charge a service fee for putting postage on letters.'
i got angry and replied that nowhere was this mentioned. 2ndly, i was paying close to double just to have ups put on a stamp. thirdly, I was most angered by the theatre of it all--I would have been none the wiser if I had just let them put it in the mailbox and I wondered how many others have simply left it at that for UPS to drop in the mailbox not knowing that they were charged a huge premium over normal postage. They put on a show that they are like a post office so that no one ever thinks to ask about any fees. Moreover, there is no system for the fees charged it seems to me. I paid nearly double my postage. I demanded my money back and after a spat got it back. Buyer beware on UPS, particularly the one at 3495 Cambie.
More Ups Store 3495 Cambie Vancouver Complaints & Reviews
- The UPS Store - awful experience 
- UPS / The UPS Store / Mail Boxes, Etc. - I will never do business with ups, the ups store, or mail boxes etc again! 
- The UPS Store - fraud and scam 
- UPS Store - live scan fingerprinting
- The UPS Store - bad service 
- The UPS Store - late delivery 
- The UPS Store - forwarding my mail
- The UPS Store - not world class at the location in treasure coast plaza, vero beach fl 32960
- The UPS Store, Macon, GA-Northside Drive - franchise owner
- The UPS Store - i’m complaining about a costumer service at one of the ups locations