UPS / lost package

United States Review updated:

I bought an item through eBay from another country. 2 Fridays ago, UPS promised to have my package delivered by the following Monday. On Monday, I received a SMS because I signed up for their SMS notification, and it told me it would be delivered by Tuesday. By Tuesday, I received another notification that it would be delivered by Thursday. So I decided to email them Tuesday night to see what's holding up my package, no response. Then, I received another notification on Wednesday and told me package would be delivered by the end of Thursday. So I got a little worried, decided to call them and find out to see what's up, the phone rep told me it would be delivered that day, which was Wednesday. After 5 mins, I checked my email and the response was the same. So I waited... Nothing showed up even at 9PM that night. Today is Monday, December 10, 2018, of course my package is still not delivered and I got a phone call from UPS told me that they were not able to locate my package and told me to ask the seller to file a claim... The problem is, the seller is in South Africa, when he shipped the item, it went through Aramex and then transported to UPS, and UPS lost my package.
How does UPS really do business with their customers/consumers, I have no idea? I URGE sellers avoid using UPS if you want to make sure your package gets delivered safely. Because I am not the only person that is experiencing loss packages, another person from my work is experiencing the same thing. Are they trustworthy? You make your own judgement, but based on the trend/my experience, I would never ever use UPS in my life. In this case, I didn't have a choice because I wasn't the shipper. They are ridiculously unreliable because I seldom receive packages shipped through UPS, and this time is just once out of the blue moon and my item is shipped through UPS, and it's gone missing.

Ad
Dec 10, 2018

Comments

•   Dec 10, 2018

Every shipper loses packages. The seller can file a claim and get their money back. But you can file a claim with eBay for non-receipt of merchandise. You’ll get a refund and the seller can handle the refund due to them.

• My daughter has been tracking a package through the UPS system for days that has mysteriously disappeared without a trace. Considering all of the wonderful technological advances with confirmations, all the customer service representative could say is to contact the sender (who paid our company to deliver your merchandise funded by your shipping fee) and promptly hung up. This is unacceptable on so many levels. Thankfully, the package did not contain life saving medication. Because, I am not the only person experiencing the same situation this week, are they trustworthy? You make your own judgement, but based on my experience with the two different customer service representatives and their lack of ability to locate a trackable package, I would never use UPS again. Unfortunately, in this case my daughter wasn't the sender and not given the choice. It interesting that UPS seems to be having an influx of similar complaints of missing merchandise. I will leave it at that.