UPS / terrible company

United States Review updated:
I was to receive a package on December 17 (5 day ground). Today, it is the 23rd of December and the online tracking says "in transit." I called and asked why it is taking so long, after being patient the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 4th, and now 5th day of the package being overdue. Yes, the weather was bad last week but the weather has gotten better and the streets have been cleared considerably. I see a UPS 8 blocks away from where I live but I haven't gotten my package. Yesterday (12/22/08) I asked that the UPS agent on the phone have somebody contact me on 12/23/08 to inform me about the status of my package since I cannot accept this EXTREMELY DELAYED DEADLINE. Not surprisingly, no one called me. I called again on 12/23/08 and talked to a UPS agent by the name of PETE BUENO. I asked him to look into this matter and have someone call me. Again, no reply. The whole day, I checked online 25 times thinking today is the day but to no avail. Now, at 11:15pm on 12/23/08, it says that it is now rescheduled to be delivered on 12/24/08. This is absolutely unacceptable. I NEED THAT PACKAGE TODAY!!! I will do everything in my power to let others know of your poor service.

N  21st of Jul, 2009 by
We are in Portland, OR and the weather has been poor. I paid for 2-day delivery with guaranteed arrival today, December 24.

Through the online tracking service, I was able to see that both purchases arrived at UPS Portland at noon yesterday, December 23. It is now after 5p on guaranteed delivery date, December 24, and nothing. I rechecked the UPS tracking site and my delivery has now been moved to two days from now, the day AFTER Christmas!

I understand that weather is bad, however, FedEx and the U.S. Post Office (USPS) have been making deliveries since yesterday, and USPS is even making deliveries on Christmas Day to make sure everyone gets their deliveries in time. If FedEx and USPS have found a way to meet their delivery promises, then why isn’t it important enough to UPS to find a way to do the same?!!
N  26th of Jul, 2009 by
UPS left a "1st Delivery Attempt Notification" on my Business door on Friday, October 17th, 2008 with boxes checked stating that a "2nd Delivery Attempt" would be made on Monday, October 20th, 2008 between the hours of 2pm and 5pm. By 5:30 pm, on Monday, October the 20th, no delivery attempt has been made. This has cost my business $$$$ to sit and wait for the supposed delivery to take place. A telephone call to UPS Customer Service was made and I was thereby told they would look into the matter and telephone me back. I received a callback from their office at 7:28 pm informing me that they could not find my parcel anywhere. I was then informed that "you take a chance" that your parcel will be delivered. I was then placed on hold whereby my call was dropped and never returned. Is this what "UPS" calls "Customer Service". Will my parcel ever arrive? I guess you "take a chance".
A  3rd of Mar, 2011 by
I was to receive a parcel via UPS that required signature. They tried to deliver twice early morning. I contacted them asking for afternoon delivery. I was told that delivery time is between 7am and 7pm every day, and the actual time depends on the driver's whim exclusively. This is the most ridiculous attitude toward their customers. Do they expect us to sit at home all day to wait when his/her excellency of the UPS driver feels that it is time to deliver our package?? This company has totally lost their focus on their customers and no one in his right mind should use their services. I will tell every store I buy from on the web that I will stop buying from them unless they dump UPS as their delivery service.

United Parcel Service of America [UPS] Logo United Parcel Service of America [UPS]
55 Glenlake Pkwy NE