University of Phoenix / scam artists

I have been an on and off student at this so called university for 5 years. I would have finished my degree a long time ago if they were not ripping me off and scamming me. Well it finally happend. The final scam. I take a class, work very hard, submit all my assignments in. My teacher does not grade them, she gives me an F. The school cancels my students loans, expects me to pay them $2100 before I can get my loans back and continue classes. No one was helpful and no one wanted to back me up. My requests were denied. I could not afford to pay off the full $2100 in one shot as I jsut started working again and have other obligations. The school put my balance into internal collections which I slowly started paying. Now I get a call from their corporate office saying that they cannot hold it anymore and will sell my balance to a collection agency even though they see I started paying it. My balance is down to $1800 and I had planned to have it paid off within the next 2 months. They do not even want to work with me there. Well now I will do everything that I can to ruin university of Phoenix. They have scammed far too many people.

De

Comments

• Ba
      8th of Mar, 2010

I cannot believe the issues here. I had a similar issue. I made a payment, and immediately, my account was sent to a collection agency. I'm in 10, 000.00 debt in student loans For Nothing!! Worst, they failed me in their bogus Gen/105 class which cost me $975.00, while I passed all the other classes at 90 or better. The government need to step in this one.

• Yv
      26th of May, 2010

I thought I was alone until I just read the last two posting. I am stuck in the same situation and regret that I ever considered furthering my education with U of P. I know I owe the money and that is why I was faithfully paying it, per the agreed payment arrangements in writing from U of P. Then I receive that same call basically strong arming me into trying to agree to me to make monthly payments in a 3 month period of time that was equivalent to some people's house note plus give them one of my legs. Once I complete paying the balance I owe I will not be completing my remaining credits with this school nor will I recommend them to anyone. I will be transferring my credit else where. Good luck to those who have yet to experience this unethical approach that U of P takes with no regards of assisting their students in completing the remaining credits to earn their degree.

• Ss
      28th of Nov, 2010

I was also tricked into thinking University of Phoenix is a great school and enrolled. I was very disappointed with their online degree program after jut 1 short week so I withdrew from the school.

I was in shock when University of Phoenix "decided" that I owe them $750 for withdrawing after just 1 week. And the thing is, they don't tell you any of it and they keep insinuating each and every student to just try it.

The top people who are running Univ. Phoenix absolutely do not care about the student's well-being. They JUST WANT YOUR MONEY ANY WAY POSSIBLE.

• Ss
      2nd of Dec, 2010

I spoke with a UoP relations specialist and she assured me that they are continually looking for improvements in their educational methods. So that was good to hear, that they are changing their ways. Or at least we can hope..

• Gr
      4th of Mar, 2011

I must disagree with each and every post here! I am a graduate of UoP and there is no way that I could have ever completed my degree and gotten the position within my company that I now hold. I possess a Bachelor's degree in Psychology because of some wonderful academic, financial, and enrollment counselors...maybe this is one of those situations where something is only what you make of it!

• Te
      19th of Jun, 2012

I am currently attending u of p and found out that the school does not provide the information needed to complete this course IT/242. I was instructed to find the information to complete the assignment on the internet. Three weeks from graduation, not looking forward to having my associates degree in Google searching. This school is a complete joke.