University of Phoenix / not teaching anything, lied about cost

1 17003 E Tennessee Dr #208 80017Aurora, CO, United States Review updated:
Phone: 720--298-5314

I am currently enrolled in this on line school and in my second class. They do not teach you, they give you questions and make you research everything. They say you are recieving a bachelor's degree yet you have to attend four years...not to mention other thing that they do not tell you before you start. I would not recommend this for anyone! Now I must figure out how to get out and find an appropriate college.

Mi

Comments

• En
      17th of Nov, 2008

If you do not plan to do research then you will not learn in any college you attend. University of Phoenix is a fully accredited College, if you do not like it and have completed enough class to get credits your credits will be transferred to any other accredited college (meaning they will accept them) UOP is utilized by the US Military for it's officers overseas and has a great reputation. Also, Associates degrees take two years, a Bachelors four...if it takes you less than four years to get a BA then you can be sure that your school is not credible, unless you're doubling up on classes or something.

25th of Nov, 2008

UoP counselors are mother###ers. They're lying ###s!

• Ri
      19th of Jun, 2009

Yes John I know, we are going through the same. And if you don't post attendance they will kick you out because they need certain posting attendance or the government wont give them ###. It is all money involve

• Fo
      1st of Jul, 2009

Uh duh...a bachelor's degree usually takes 4 years unless you are transferring in an acceptable amount of credits from an associates degree.

And the laws will vary per state. So did you do your research before you even signed up. It sounds like you want everything handed to you on a silver spoon.

I graduated from UOP and it was absolutely a grand experience. I met so many people. I went to a ground school. I would go to finish my grad degrees but suffered brain damage from a coma and can't attend now.

You are accountable for reading the guidelines, policies and all about the process before you sign the contracts. I never had a problem with funding or anything.

• Su
      1st of Jul, 2009

UoP online is for people that need the paper but don't have the time or background to complete a real degree. They sell diplomas for the most part.