Universal Vacation Club / This company mislead me into a purchase, and then will not acknowledge the contract cancellation

I went to a sales presentation at Villa del Arco and was led to believe I was purchasing a unit at Arco. When I went back to the sales presentation place two days later and told them of my desire to cancel, they told me I could not and that I would lose my deposit. They also told me that I was purchasing at Arco. These were all lies it turns out and in violation of Mexican law. When I returned to the states and was contacted by UVC, they said they had nothing to do with the sales people. Strange isn't it, that they have no connection with the persons selling their products. They refused to accept the cancellation and have now put my account into a collection agency. My credit card refunded the deposit. Do not go near this resort or UVC, it is a scam, they are crooks and could care less if they screw people over. Spread the word.

Va

Comments

• Db
      14th of Jan, 2009

Below you will find the letters I sent to the email addresses for the owners of the Villa Group. The Villa Group is the company that builds the hotels in Mexico and should be named on your contracts. They are based out of Mexico (conveinent) but have offices at the same address as UVC and ResortCom international. UVC is just a front and only handles the timeshare portion. We all have exactly the same complaint about unethical sales practices and lack of disclosure. The Villa Group is the party we should be talking to. Urge the people who visit your site to contact the Villa Group and the owners at the following email addresses:

FGONZALEZ@VILLAGROUP.COM

LUZMARIATORRES@PRODIGY.NET

• Db
      10th of Feb, 2009

My complaints against UVC have been resolved. Thank you UVC.