United Parcel Service / big mistake!
My dad died in Indianapolis. He had a small chest of drawers my grandfather made in 1971. It was made of solid wood by a career cabinet maker. I wanted the chest, so I double wrapped it in bubble paper, put it in a Staples box and shipped it to Seattle via UPS, through a Staples store. Big mistake! First, UPS can't deliver in snow in Seattle. Apparently the chains they put on their trucks don't work in residential neighborhoods. The shipment was 1 1/2 weeks later than their own planned arrival date.
When the chest arrived, the bottom of the RH side was crushed. Clearly the chest had been dropped on that side. I attempted to file a claim through UPS only to totally get the run around. They absolutely would not deal with me as far as filing a claim. They told me it is up to me to work it out with Staples, which is who their contract is with. Any reputable company would actually desire to keep customers. Apparently not UPS.
Lesson learned, don't ship via UPS if possible to avoid. Especially don't ship through a "contracted outlet" like Staples or the UPS Stores.
More United Parcel Service Complaints & Reviews
- UPS - the truth about ups 
- UPS Basic - poor service 
- UPS - I hate ups - the worst shipping company! 
- UPS - harassment 
- UPS Canada - poorest customer service 
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - driver
- United Parcel Service [UPS] - package lost
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - ups driver
- United Parcel Service of America [UPS] - reckless driving
- United Parcel Service [UPS] - scanning documents to email costs