United Furniture Warehouse / sales deal falsely informed

1 Canada Review updated:

Bought a beautiful dining room set, loveseat and couch...not told that it would have to be assembled...delayed for more than 4 times..when it was finally delivered was a little upset had asked movers if they could help move other older furniture out on the lawn, said no, said fine was little short with them, instead of continuing to do their job what do they do they take off!!! Is that the most insane delivery you've ever heard of? Albeit i shouldn't have gotten frustrated. No furniture after being promised it would be delivered over the duration of 2 months. Then!!! They come back and that's it had to unwrap the whole enchilada. Soon after a bill comes in for finance charges which I'd been told would be do not pay for 1 year...what a crock!!! Needless to say the credit card company will do a little reminder call and at the best times, dinner, at 7 a.m. not even awake yet on a saturday to boot, this evening they called well over 8 times when I'd asked who they were and why they were calling..half the time they don't even leave messages they just call and then hang up.

So the actual store leaves a message the other day to say hey after it beiong delayed again for two busted chairs and delivery was supposed to be done oct.25/07 misinformed by their supposed system. This company i tell you is the absolute WORST, they're manager when asking for a head office address this evening hung up on me over 6 times. All I want is a nice smooth sale no hangs up no delays no problem. I also work in the service industry and if I treated my customers this way I wold be promptly fired.

Well i'm sure that this complaint will go no where fast

Comments

24th of Apr, 2008

they are actually a great company

23rd of Aug, 2008

UNITED FURNITURE WAREHOUSE

BOMP BOMP

• Ba
      12th of Nov, 2010

I recently purchased a bedroom set from united furniture warehouse and its been nothin gshort of a pain in the a**!
    The set was $1980.00 (at this price it should be flawless!) but after the delivery guys left I noticed the end table had a crushed corner and a deep scratch of 2 and a half inched long, and the dressed had a chip of wood off the top aswell as TWO of the legs were broken/chipped and damaged! I called and they offered to refund me $100! haaahaaa seriously, a nearly $2000 set and they wanna give me back a hundred bucks! I demanded it be replaced. they agreed but it has been two weeks now and after 15-20 phone calls with the store I still only have the damaged set! I have taken two days off work and waited for my set to be exchanged thi swk and BOTH times the delivery had been cancelled . the first time noone called to notify me and the secone time I did recieve a call (halfway through the day) telling me the truck wouldnt have timE TO STOP AT MY END OF THE CITY AND i HAD TO REBOOK... I have made many calls to the manager of the store and still have gotten nowhere. If you are redaing this DO NOT buy from this store! the location of this one is Barrie oNt. do yourself a favour ...shop ANYWHERE else! lol even kijiji has better service then this

• Ex
      11th of Aug, 2011

Just took home what I thought would be a nice decorative plate retailing at $139...but got for a decent price on sale. Needless to say when i got the item home and tried to remove the price tag which they had placed in the center of the plate, all the paint peeled off with the sticker. I called the store to return the item...its a sale item, no returns. The clerk proceeded to tell me that the sticker needs to be removed with rubbing alcohol and I should have been told that prior to leaving the store. I was not told to remove the sticker in this manner. The sales clerk was of NO help. So now i have 2 options, display the decortive plate withthe price tag in the center, as i did not remove it completely, or deplay it with no paint in the center...completely useless to me now. I will never buy anything from United Furniture Warehouse and will pass this on the co-workers, family and friends.