Union Telecom / stay away from this one

1 United States

I activated long distance phone service in Jan 2009 when I received a lot of phone call from Mr. Karthik of Union Telecom USA. He asked me that before activating this service we are taking $39.50 as a deposit and when you cancel your service, any time, we will return your money in the same credit card which you are providing. I asked him how much time you will take to return my deposit once I cancel the service. He told me that as per our rule, we are taking about 4-5 weeks. And he said that there is no contract or no other terms and condition. I trusted on him and activated their service. But after that I found that their service is not as per my expectation and so I asked them to cancel my account on July 17, 2009. They told me to pay off the current bill and wait until next month to cancel, also I can’t cancel my account middle of a month. The other thing is they never send any of my bills in time, they are either sending their bill one day or at the most 2 days before the due date. I asked them to adjust my deposit of $39.50 to my bill and the balance will pay. They told it is not possible because the deposit is not meant for that. Then I told agent “I will pay all my bills but when can you return my deposit back he told as you are not using the service for one year we can’t pay it as in cash. Will pay it as calling cards. I told that was not the term when I started, he told that is the term now. I asked for the Supervisor on line he told supervisors are not available now will call you back within 10-15 min after that this is the 7th day no calls or any information so far from their customer service department.”

I received 2-3 calls from their payment department and asking for the payment. I told the same thing to them again and they told either you pay the bill or we will report to the coletion department.

Go