UK Lottery / TNT Courier / scam lottery from the uk

United States Review updated:
Well first off let me start off saying that im shocked that there is alot people out there taking advantage out of honest people. I received an email saying i had won 500.000.00 uk lottery. I then received another email saying that i needed to hurry up and send the info they needed, shortly after that i received another email saying that before i received the check i would have to pay the shipping expenses which depending on whether i wanted it to get here faster i would have to pay more. The cheapest rate was really close to 500 dollars. You know it really sucked because i really believed them the first couple of emails i got but i knew there was a catch seeing how iv never purchased lottery in the uk and then when i attempted to ask to get answers the guy just tried to distract and never really answered any questions i asked nor could they prove it was real. My advise to people is to never trust anyone especially when it involves large amounts of money.

Sincerely,

My WINNING INFORMATION

1. COUPON NR: PBL2348974321
2. LOTTERY REF NR: PBL/CN/6654/CP
3. LOTTERY DATE: 10th of January 2008

I request to send my prize by deducting courier charges from my prize.

I have already send mail to claim officer, but no reply.
Ar
  15th of Feb, 2008
I also received an e.mail like this.

The first e. mail:

You have won the sum of 1,293,634 pounds To file for your claims, contact NAME. MRS CLARA MOORE E-MAIL:clara.agent01@strompost.com With all the following information. Full Name: Address: Phone Number: Occupation:Country of residence: Nationality: Sex: Age:

After replying above mail I got the second one like this:

The Marina Offices,
St Peters Yacht Basin ,
Newcastle upon Tyne , NE6 1HX England
(Customer Services)

Attn:Winner,
Good day to you. In regards to your last mail to us, We have sent your cheque and other vital documents relating to your winnings to our affilaite courier company, TNT Courier Company Ltd.

It is important to note that services rendered by this courier company are to be paid for by you and not the Lottery Board. TNT Courier does operate on Pay before delivery ( P.B.D) service to winners of the UK
National Lottery thus they shall not commence delivery until they are paid.

See below the contact information of the Dispatch officer officer. You are advised to act accordingly.
Dispatch Officer
NAME: MR. JOHN SMITH
E-MAIL: tntworldservices1@hotmail.com
E-MAIL: tntworldservices1@yahoo.co.uk
Tel: +44 70457 54723

ORDER NUMBER: M23264655

You are to quote your order number if possible write it down.

You are expected to furnish them with your telephone number, full mailing address details for delivery purpose.

Regards

CLARA MOORE

FIDUCIARY AGENT
UK National Lottery.

When I contacted Mr. John Smith through e. mail, I got the following reply:

Attention:Customer,
This is to inform you that you have been officially cleared for payment by the Verifications Dept. at the headquarters
of The UK National Lottery.
The original copy of this certificate from the British Government stating that the money was obtained legally through
The UK National Lottery and will be sent to you or your bank as soon as you meet with any of the options selected and your winnings will be couriered or transferred to you immediately.
You can now begin the final step of the claims process, which is the transferring of your cash prize to you either in Cash/Cheque. With regards to this, there are three options open to you, you are required to select the most convenient of the three.The options, together with their associated conditions
are presented below:

OPTIONS:
Courier of your winning draft to you via any of this
channel listed below:

Option: 1
TNT EXPRESS DELIVERY (Overnight)
Mailing.................................Ј90.00
Insurance............................Ј580.00
Vat (5%)..............................Ј035.75
TOTAL...............................Ј705.75 ========$1,392.02

Option: 2
TNT PREMIUM SERVICE(2working days)
Mailing &n bsp;.....................Ј77.00
Insurance.............................Ј300.00
Vat (5%)...............................Ј023.00
TOTAL................................Ј400.00========$789.024

Option: 3
TNT REGULAR SERVICE(4working days)
Mailing ;.............................Ј77.00
Insurance..........................Ј260.00
Vat (5%)............................Ј023.00
TOTAL.............................Ј350.00========$690.379

MODE OF PAYMENT

The charges are a little bit high because of the Hardcover insurance Policy we have undertaken incase of loss,Damage or Theft of your highly sensitive document and funds. We assume all responsibilities incase of any eventualities and we don't deliver on cash on delivery(C.O.D) because we don't accept cash.

You are to make the payment for any of the option you have chosen through Western Union Money Transfer so as to enable us speedy up the process of delivery after indicating to us the option you prefer. You are to locate the nearest western union agent to you and make the payment in Favour of our Accounts Officer MRS. DORIS GERALD with the Details Below:

NAME OF RECEIVER: DORIS GERALD
ADDRESS OF RECEIVER:LINK HOUSE,4C CHURCHILL STREET
E14 5HP
LONDON

You are to send the following information via email as they appear on the western union transfer slip:

1.Name and address of sender
2.Amount sent
3.Control number(MTCN)
4.Test question and answer (if any)

You are to send a copy of the evidence of payment to me and your claims agent as well for confirmation. A Confirmatory Email shall be sent to you Immediately we Confirm your Payment.

As soon as we receive confirmation and evidence of payment of the above charges, we shall dispatch your parcel to you immediately. The date and time of departure and expected date of delivery will be sent to you. It will take twenty-four hours to get your parcel delivered to you. You will be required to sign for the parcel and to do this, you will need either your international passport as identification or your driver's license.

All orders not delivered within Ten (10) working days from this communication will be returned. Please ensure that you confirm your delivery address.We are glad to be of service to you.

Kindly Note that you are to inform us of the option you have chosen while we await your Evidence of Payment.

Sincerely,
Dispatch Officer

Finally I sent reply as below:
Please send me the courier so that I can claim my prize money.
Once I got the huge sum of prize I will send to you the cost of courier service in double. So please also send me your account details to send the same.

I didnt receive any reply after that.
  26th of Aug, 2008
i am lottery winner, no sending this cheque or money transfer any other no sending, only winning massage sending please help any other person my account ICICI BANK INDIA,
POWERBALL LOTTO. BV

2-163 KRISHNANKOVIL ST, KARIVALAM, TN, INDIA-627753

+919312188708, 9943191967

REF: PBL/CN/6654/CP

Attn: G.KALIMUTHU,

On Behalf of the Company, I say Congratulations as your claims has been verified, processed and certified with the Netherlands Gaming Board (N.G.B) and also the Lottery Commission Payment Service (L.C.P.S.).

You have been approved to Claim a total sum of US $500, 000 Five Hundred Thousand Dollars Only in cash credited to your Prize Ref No.: PBL/CN/6654/CP. This is from a Total Cash Prize of $2, 000 000.00 ( Two Million Dollar ) which is presently secured in cash can be released to you in either of the following ways:

1) Your prize can be wired to you via our paying bank, based in europe. We shall send a brief of your winning confirmation to our paying bank, instructing them to release your prize to you. After we have done this, you shall need to contact the bank, and details would be given to you upon verification and confirmation of your claims.

Please note that the Bank will give you their Banking Policies for the transfer of your Winnings.

2) Your Prize can be sent to you in form of a Certified Cheque to you with every further informations about the Cheque sent to you. Your Cheque will be issued by our paying bank in your favor and in this method of delivery, you will be responsible for the delivery charges that must be paid to our Courier Department after the cheque has been issued in your favor, before it will be delivered to your Mailing Address that you will specify for us.

Please take careful note and understand that the above is the only way I can assist you. Please kindly inform us ASAP which of the option you choose. Bank to Bank Wire Transfer or a Certified Cheque so as to enable to us swift into action immediately.

I would want you to consider the information above and respond in the affirmative, and as soon as I receive your response confirming the payment option you choose, I would be able to advise you further.

We await the Payment Option that you will confirm to us will be suitable for you to receive your Winnings.

Await to hear from you soon.

Congratulations, from all Members of Staff.

Regards.

Mrs Stella Coles
(File Officer).
this is fraud not sure,
Sh
  8th of Mar, 2009
TNT COURIER SERVICE (TNT)
Customer/Delivery Services Department
ADDRESS OF HEAD OFFICE: TNT INTERNATIONAL
Central Pk Est/Mosley Rd, Trafford Park Manchester, M17 1TT UK.
Client Service Manager TNT,

ATTN: Customer,
ORDER NUMBER: F562725

Welcome to TNT COURIER SERVICE (TNT) we are a courier company that ensures a safe, sound and secure delivery of your parcels, making sure you get them when expected.

Your particulars have been received in this office. This means that you have been officially cleared for the delivery of your parcel by the Verifications Dept. at the Headquarters of the UK Lottery International. Your Winning Cheque, Original Copy of your Winning Certificate, together with a covering document (Money Laundering protection and Letter of Affidavit for Claims) from the British Government stating that the money was obtained legally through their UK Lottery International promotion will be sent to you as soon as you choose from any of the option stipulated below.

Your package containing your cheque, original copy of your certificate and security documents.

Kindly provide us with the information requested below accurately to help us deliver your package as the information provided will be used to contact you and the address provided is where your winning package will be shipped to. When this is done you will be issued a tracking number with which you will be able to monitor your package online:

Contact Name:
State:
Postal Code:
Country:
Telephone number:

Package Contents: Cheque, Winning Certificate and Security Documents.
Delivery time :...( time of recipient's availability)
Service Options: You are required to select a service option below.

The options, together with their associated conditions
are presented below:

Option:1
TNT EXPRESS DELIVERY (Same day parcel delivery )
Mailing...£105.00
Insurance...£430.00
Vat (5%)...£034.00
TOTAL...£569.00========$1, 074 USD

Option:2
TNT PREMIUM SERVICE (Next day parcel delivery )
Mailing &n bsp;...£75.00
Insurance...£350.00
Vat (5%)...£038.00
TOTAL...£463.00========$875 USD

Option:3
TNT REGULAR SERVICE(3working days)
Mailing ;...£60.00
Insurance...£300.00
Vat (5%)...£019.00
TOTAL...£379.00========$ 715 USD

The charges are a little bit high because of the Hardcover insurance Policy we have undertaken incase of loss, Damage or Theft of your highly sensitive document and funds. We assume all responsibilities incase of any eventualities and we don't deliver on cash on delivery (C.O.D) because we don't accept cash.

This is in accordance with section 13(1) (n) of the national gambling act as adopted in 1993 and amended on 3RD July 1996 by the constitutional assembly. This is to protect winners and to avoid misappropriation of funds.

This company declined reverse payment for these charges, stating that it is against their professional policy towards ensuring the safe delivery of the cheque to you, that if a reverse payment is made, and something goes wrong, that we/you cannot sue the courier company or insurance company to recover the full value of the fund as stipulated in the cheque since payment for insurance cover was not made at point of mailing. With the above reason, reverse payment is ruled out. Meanwhile, you will be issue a tracking number to monitor your package online after chosen any option which is suitable for you for payment.

Please respond to this email by making a selection
from the three options above.

Good luck and Congratulations once again. Please send
your response within the next 24hrs to this same email address.

Best Regards,