[Resolved] TXU Energy Lufkin TX / business misconduct

1 Lufkin, TX, United States Review updated:

Today we received a bill saying we owe $1, 311.97. Our bill averages out about $250 to $290 a month, we have never been disconnected or any thing of that nature. When we called to find out why our bill was this high we were told that we had to pay a deposit since we have been late twice in the past 12 months( only 2days the first time and 1 day the second time due to how our pay periods from our employers are, we are a paycheck to paycheck family). We never signed anything to acknowledge this and this policy is nowhere on the paperwork provided to us. Due to our long standing service with them we were told years ago that a deposit wasn't necessary and it was waived. What kind of practice is this? We now have until Dec. 29th to pay the deposit, this month's bill and $200 of next month's to keep our electricity on. We have 2 15-month old babies and a 10 year old that we now have to figure out what we going to do with since our electricity is going to be cut off...who do we contact to defend us from this company?

• Resolution statement

• TXU Energy Retail Company Customer Care's Response, Dec 21, 2010

I am sorry to hear about your experience with TXU Energy. I would
    like to help you resolve your issues. Please feel free to email me at
    greg@txu.com with a contact number and I will be happy to contact you
    at your convenience.

Greg
    TXU Energy

• TXU Energy Retail Company Customer Care's Response, Dec 22, 2010

We would like to research your account further to help resolve your issue, however we cannot locate your account without more information. Please email me so we can discuss.

I am sorry for your frustration and again I would really like to help .

Greg
    TXU Energy

Comments

• Tr
      21st of Dec, 2010

Have you tried going down there in person and talking to them?

• Su
      21st of Dec, 2010

I went to no avail, my wife is going when she gets off of work tomorrow...she stayed on the phone with them all afternoon to only get "we will call you back in a few minutes" response and then we never got a call back.

• Su
      22nd of Dec, 2010

Greg,
    we appreciate it but is this going to be another round of insanity that we have been dealing with for the past 2 days?