TXU / Terrible experience
Yesterday I was working at my kitchen table and a male walked up to my door with a clipboard and a necklace ID stating he was employed by TXU.
I only answered the door because he had seen me and I simply wasn't thinking. I also knew my neighbor was watching from across the street. He had a stack of Reliant bills and stated our home had been picked because we pay our bills on time and our neighbors 'blahupblah' and the other side 'upblahup' had signed up with him. He wanted me to sign up offering me a $100 Visa which would take a month to receive and only after I paid my first bill. He appeared angry that I refused to allow him in my home, and knowing my husband had just pulled in I continued talking so he would leave without a 'grudge' He wanted me to give him my ss or dl to which I stated that would never happen. His answer was 'in this world people give those numbers all the time' I replied in my world people get ripped off by giving them all the time. I then told him I wasn't interested, he was offering me a penny in savings per KWH and I was in a contract with Reliant so he said don't worry the 150 charge for canceling will be paid for with the visa and you will save so much that the extra 50 is nothing. I told him thanks anyway but I don't do business that way, in fact I apologized for taking up his time. He answered with 'What are you going to do check us out, just give your dl number and you want have to worry about you ss' I got in the house and quickly shut the door, as he continued to complain as to why I just wouldn't go for such a good deal. He scared me. i immediately contacted TXU, who never answered my email or phone call.
More TXU Complaints & Reviews
- TXU Energy - TXU is one utility to stay way far away from! 
- TXU Energy - Switched to wrong plan! 
- TXU Energy & TXU Delivery - Incredibly poor service 
- TXU Energy - Scam and cheating 
- TXU - iThermostat 
- TXU Energy Retail Company - txu a/c heat protection
- [Resolved] TXU Energy Retail Company - I received a bonus gift card, and I was unable to use it. I have tried at least 15 times to get info on their recorded line.
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - Extrem bill charges to the account 
- [Resolved] TXU Energy - TXU Energy Did Not Honor 3% Cash Back Loyalty Reward 
- [Resolved] TXU - COMMENTS