TurboTax / What a nightmare!
I used turbo tax online to do my taxes myself. What a nightmare. Filing for federal was free, and state taxes is a little over $30. I lived and worked in New York and Mass that year and so it cost over $60 to do it myself. Plus I accidentally clicked "deduction maximizer" which charged me an extra $10. Ok. That was my fault. So total was $76. I dont own property, im single, no kids, blah blah just had a couple of W2 forms to file.
An error came up at the end saying I could not file my MA state return electronically because in MA if you are a part year resident you have to mail in your forms. No big deal. Right? It told me to print out and follow the directions but the directions told me I e-filed and no further action was needed. Checking on the status, however, my MA return did not appear. I tried it a million different ways with the same result. What the *!@^?
So I contacted customer service. I told them I can not efile with my MA return I just needed to know what to do. After and hour of ### of these people who had NO idea what was going on, asking pointless questions and going in circles, I realized that there must have been some weird malfunction on their site that caused it to print out saying I had efiled. They kept making me check how the status was and transfered me around and no results. Said they could do nothing for me. I paid $76 and they can't do anything!!!
I ended up calling some revenue department or something in MA and a guy was like, here's an address just send x y and z and your all set. Took me 5 min to get my damn answer.
I will NEVER use turbo tax online again. Not only does it not work properly, customer service SUCKS.
More TurboTax Complaints & Reviews
- TurboTax - Screwed up direct deposit/irs will now send hard check 
- Turbo Tax Refund Card - Green Dot or CB&T Bank 
- Intuit / Turbotax - Accuracy Guarantee Class Action Suit? 
- TurboTax - Cannot Cancel Account/Horrible Company 
- TurboTax - Fraud 
- TurboTax Prepaid Card/Greendot - my prepaid card
- TurboTax - hidden fees for paying taxes with credit card as prompted
- TurboTax - income tax online
- TurboTax - online product
- TurboTax - business version - for estates and trusts