TRS Recovery Services / false claim of returned check status

1 Medway, MA, United States Review updated:

I wrote a check to a sporting goods store that was returned and then cleared on the second time. Despite the fact that the check cleared, this company took money out of my checking account. Seems to me that if a check doesn't clear this is the ONLY instance a collection agency should be allowed to charge a person a fee. And they should not be able to go into a person's account without explicit permission from the person.

Comments

• De
      26th of Sep, 2009

They did the same thing to me with service fees! Something is not right here...(with this company).

• Ac
      23rd of Oct, 2009

I had $344.15 withdrawn from my account with out my authorization for a bounced check. The company the check was written to had contacted me directly to resolve this issue. TRS withdrew the amount of the check plus $36.95 in fees without contacting me or getting any sort of authorization from me. I feel this is unlawful. Noone should be able to deduct money from a personal banking account without some sort of authorization from the owner of that account.

• Rp
      17th of Jan, 2011

if a check is cleared even if its the second time the bank has already charged you a fee of 25$ to 35$ and then decides to pay it, So it clears but they run an unauthorized charge of 32.78 on your acct this is highway robbery in my book and I bet the law will protect you when we are within our rights and our accounts have been violated...