Travelocity / car rental

1 Bristol, CT, United States

To whom it may concern,

I am writing to get resolution to a problem that occurred renting a vehicle from Hertz in Dublin. I was traveling with 2 other colleagues from work, and was in charge of making the car rental reservation. I made the reservation through Travelocity. Itinerary # [protected]. Confirmation #H76042364A4 . I chose Hertz because I always considered this to be a reputable company, and there were many other choices I had never heard of and whose reputation was unknown to me. I added the additional insurance since we would be driving in a foreign country. I thought it to be the responsible thing to do.

When we arrived in Dublin, we were told that third party insurance plans were not accepted and that in order to receive the car we had rented, we would need to put a $5000 hold on our credit card. My card declined this large hold as possibly fraudulent, so my colleague, Ms. Amber Barry, had to put it on her card. We were told that the only way to avoid the $5000 hold was to subscribe to the insurance plan they had to offer. There were no choices. The insurance ended up costing more than the rental! We also signed up for an additional driver, which we never used, and GPS. Suddenly, the car rental that was supposed to cost $124 (USD) cost us 388 Euros!! Unacceptable!!

Today I called the Hertz customer service center for resolution. I was told that this is not really a Hertz car rental, it is an independent company that bears the Hertz name. The assistant on the phone (Sherri) informed me there was nothing she could do for me since it wasn't an official Hertz site. I was given a phone number in Dublin to call to complain, but of course I do not have international calling on my cell phone plan. I have emailed Hertz, but doubt that I will ever hear from them.

I do a lot of travel planning on your site. I trust you to provide me authentic and accurate information. I would never have rented this car had I known it would end up costing more than double the stated price! And I certainly would never have purchased a bogus insurance plan that isn't even accepted.

I don't know what you can do to remedy this situation, but I would love to hear from you any ideas you might have. I am troubled that my trust in your site and the prices you quote cost my colleague a great deal of money and tarnished my reputation in her eyes.

If you have any questions, you may contact me at [protected].

I some action on this within the next 7 days.

Sincerely,