Travelocity / website misleading price quotes
I am writing this letter in order to complaint and make others aware of the misleading price quotes given by the Travelocity website. Last year I was unfortunate enough to fall prey to this misleading price quotes twice. Both times, I had situations where I was purchasing a airplane ticket last minute, and was on a hurry. I searched their site, and found the tickets that I felt met my price range, and as I purchased the ticket. I later found that the price I paid was $40 to $60 more than what was quoted.
By the time I found out about the price difference, it was too late and my credit card was charged the added amount both times. I contacted the website consumer contact number for the website, and was told that this was because the airlines would some times would up their price last minute. This is even though I know they purchase the tickets before hand from the airlines on bulk (allowing for the cheaper prices), so why would the price change because of the airline?
On any case, once again today I found myself with a family emergency requiring last minute tickets. I went to the website and was quoted the following flights from Orlando to San Juan:
* Two flights quoted TOTAL price of $201ea
* Two flights quoted TOTAL price of $217ea
I decided to call before hand to verify the prices, just to find out the following actual prices for the above:
* The two flights quoted for $201 were actually $381. A $180 difference.
* The two flights quoted for $217 were actually $417. A $200 difference.
When I inquired about the difference from their website they told me the same story about the airlines. When I said that it was a misleading price quote, I was told yeah it is a bit high, but is normal. On any case, I feel that especially for individuals on my situation where you dont have the time to fight back because of a family emergency, you end up been taken advantage off.
3150 Sabre Dr.
Southlake, TX 76092
More Travelocity Complaints & Reviews
- Travelocity - quick to take your money, will not refund it 
- Travelocity - lack of response and empathy! 
- Travelocity - ticket refund 
- Travelocity - travelocity sucks and has horrible customer service! 
- Travelocity - refund problems! 
- Travelocity - hotel stay at radisson decapolis
- Travelocity - ochio rios, jamaica beaches resort
- Travelocity - days inn by wyndham hinckley, hinckley
- Travelocity - refund, exchange or discount of missed flight
- Travelocity - car rental in cabo with thrifty at sjd san jose del cabo