Tracfone / terrible experience

I bought my son a Tracfone that had web access. I contacted tracfone to find out if my son would be able to browse the web and was told NO. The only website that he would be able to access was theirs to download music not to browse the web. So I agreed that my son could have the phone.

Come to find out he was able to browse The Web not just download music, (inappropriate sites and all) So I contacted Tracfone to see if they could put a block on the phone and was told they could not, I then asked if they would send me a down graded phone with no web capability and was told they could send me a new phone but it would be the same model.

I then asked to speak to a manager and asked the manager to reinbuse me the cost of the phone so my son could go buy a phone with no web on it he told me they could compensate me but that they couldn't send me a new phone or credit me for the old one. I asked him what kind of compensation would they give and he replied they could add more minutes to my phone.

Ja

Comments

• Th
      1st of Oct, 2007
    TracFone - multiple rip offs & bad customer service

We have had 2 Tracfones for 4 years. We finally got disgusted with their latest rip offs and no customer service and we are dumping them for a better cell phone service.

They ripped us off for $20 when we first signed up using KMart. The KMart store manager nor us could get them to refund the money or give us the service we bought. We should have realized then that Tracfone was bad news.

They have ripped us off several times since then. The latest is when we got their "Value Plan" that automatically charges your credit card each month. You are supposed to get 50 minutes and an extra month of usage.

It took 18 days of phone calls and emails... then finally threats before we got what we had paid for last month. For the month of September, we never have been able to get our usage month or 50 minutes despite hours on the phone. Just as we think we are getting to the right person in Customer Service they ALWAYS disconnect us. That cannot be a coincidence.

Tracfone steals your money and gives you nothing but headaches (and high phone bills trying to work with their misnamed "Customer Service".

17th of Jun, 2009
    TracFone - turning off a sick woman's phone
    Tracfone

My Mom who has never put time on her phone before wanted to do it and accidentally pressed enter before she could enter the airtime card code.

I had to call back a 2nd time about 30 minutes after the first time because the first person I spoke to was so rude and abrasive. Now you want a faxed copy of the 60 minute card that came with the W376 refurb bundle I purchased my Mom last month. I don't have a copier or a fax machine and don't have a Kinko's or UPS Store to go to do anything like this like Alberto was telling me to do to.

If it had been my Mom calling she wouldn't have had any idea what you were asking her to do when it comes to all the faxing and copying particular things.

Your policies make no sense and just like every other business now as long as you've already gotten our money you don't really care. You are holding the minutes I already paid for my Mom's phone hostage. The only thing you all could find out of sort was that one bonus code going through. You could at least let let the phone be used until the minutes run out and then kill it.

In one breath you say you want a faxed copy of the airtime card that came with the W376 bundle, then in the next one you say if I can't get the card to you then I could just buy another one of your phones.

My Mom has lost use of her only cell phone one that she knows how to use and can actually hear on. She has a hearing disease and it's hard to find a cell phone she can actually use since she doesn't text or anything like that.

If you won't turn her phone back on completely at least let her use the minutes she has left that have already been paid for. Just remove the 50 minutes that accidentally got added to her account.

• Pm
      25th of Jun, 2009
    TracFone - being ripped off on minutes
    TRACFONE
    Florida
    wwwtracfone.com

On 6/23/o9 I went on line to purchase minutes for my tracfone. When i had put the information in. i was to turn the phone off and then back on. When I did that. the phone would not power up. All it would do is vibrate. I called tracfone on my home phone and it took me 2 1/2 hours to get everything tranfered over to my other phone. That phone was inactive but it still had 34 minutes on it. When the lady I was talking to transfered everything, I asked about the minutes I had bought. She told me that the transaction did not go through . I purchased another 60 minutes for $21.19
    and they were put on my phone. Now I have two charges for $21.19 on my bank account for minutes. I want my money back for the 60 minute card that she said DID NOT go through. I called tracfone and had an argument with one of the persons who answer the phones. I was transferred to a supervisor who put me on hold then hung up on me. They refuse to give me my money back I am sick and tired of being ripped off by this company because they own NET 10 also All I want is to get my money back.

Patricia McQuown
    [protected]@yahoo.com

• Aa
      9th of Aug, 2010
    TracFone - tracfone - buyer beware
    tracfone

Beware of Tracfone. I bought an airtime card. When I tried to add the minutes to my phone, it displayed "invalid pin." I have spent 2 days and countless hours going back and forth to the company that sold the card and activated the minutes ("It's like cash, once it leaves here, we're not responsible" ) to hours on the phone talking to India - "The card is not activated. We can't do anything until it's activated"). The selling company states - "We can't activate it a 2nd time... it was activated and the problem is on their end.").

BEWARE - you can spend hours going back and forth. Neither company/corporation will take accountability. It is your problem.

5th of Jun, 2012

MY TRACFONE, STOPED WORKING, THEY SENT ME ANOTHER FRACFONE! I WANTED THE SAME TELEPONE NUMBER, SENT ME ANOTHER SIM CARD, WITH ANOTHER NUMBER. NOW, I CAN'T USE THE PHONE, IT WIIL NOT ACCEPT NEW PIN CARD MINUTES, OR USE THE THE REMAINING 600 MINUTES, WHAT A RUN AROUND. TALKED WITH SEVERSAL COMSUMER PEOPLE, EACH HAD DIFFERENT SOLUTIONS. FRACFONE STLL DONES'T WORK.

25th of May, 2014

Stole my money also and keep hanging up phone on me also