TracFone / bad service
I was a Tracfone user for since 2006.
My battery for my Nokia 2126 died and would not take a charge. i called the
1-800 number and spoke with a customer service person in india. i explained my problem he told me to go to the retailers and i could buy a battery for my phone. i went to 3 retailers in my town of 6ooo people, none of them carried the batteries. so i went to the next town over 30 miles away and looked at 3 more retailers, still no batteries.
i called them back and asked again how to get a new battery they told me to try the website. so i did, no batteries available, only new phones. i called back a 3rd time and by this time i was a little upset, my patience was wearing thin. i again asked them for a battery. well here's the kicker they WON'T sell you a battery if your phone warranty has expired. You CAN purchase a new phone, but not a new battery. So i flew off the handle and asked them why they hadn't told me this at the beginning at least i could have gone and looked elsewhere for a new battery instead of driving all over the country looking for a new battery locally that was not even available at a retail outlet in the first place. anyway i purchased a new battery from an online source and my phone is now functioning again no thanks to the people at Tracfone/Nokia who do not make all accesories(such as Batteries)available to the consumers that buy their products. maybe my experience will save someone else the irritation of trying to get something from Tracfone/Nokia.
More TracFone Complaints & Reviews
- TracFone / SafeLink - unregistered sim problem fixed 
- Net10 & Tracfone - poor service! 
- TracFone Wireless - tracfone not adding minutes after online purchase 
- TracFone - tracfone customer service sucks! 
- TracFone Wireless - customer service 
- TracFone Wireless - smart plan card 
- TracFone Wireless - loss of phone number and services 
- TracFone Wireless - double minutes 
- TracFone Wireless - customer (chat) support 
- TracFone Wireless - tracfone customer service