Toys r us / fake sales
Went to Toys R Us to shop the Buy 1 Lego Set Get 1 Lego Set for 50% Off Sale. Before I went I looked up all the prices for the items I was interested in for my kids on the lego.com website. I made a list and took this with me to the store. Toys R Us marked up all the Legos $1.50 - $10 over the MSRP the day before the sale began. So it is a non-sale. All the stocking stuffer Lego sets that should be $3.49 each were $4.99 each. So instead of costing $3.49 + 1.75 = 5.25 for 2 sets it ends up costing 4.99 + 2.50 = 7.49 a full 50 cents more than purchasing it from Lego.com. That is just an example. I went to purchase 10 lego sets and left without 8 sets. I purchased the only 2 sets that TRU Did not mark up and ordered the rest online from Lego.com. Over $99 shipping is free and if you spend over $35 you get $5 off using the coupon code (SP118) So tell all your friends to skip TRU for legos this year. It is a FAKE SALE. I asked the manager to match the price of Lego and they said "We don't do that"
They are really shooting themselves in the foot. I have no doubt they are loosing a fortune in sales due to these practices.
More Toys r us Complaints & Reviews
- Toys r us - false advertising and promotions! 
- Toysrus Toys R Us - toys r us heath insurance scam 
- Toys r us - gift card fraud 
- Toys r us - no wheelchairs or scooters for customers use in stores 
- Toys r us - refused check 
- Toys - bought from toys r us and never received
- Toys "R" Us - bright starts
- Toys - walt disney minnie mouse walker
- Toys "R" Us - fake websites
- Toys - customer service