Toyota / sliding door cable

1 Youngstown, OH, United States Review updated:

2010 Toyota sienna sliding door cable snapped. Learned that this has been a documented complaint that has been ongoing.In fact, there has been a warranty enhancement recall on it.The conditions, are if the vehicle is less than 9 years and has 120, 000 miles or less. My van has 137, 000 and the national customer service rep told me that there are no financial assistance that they can offer me even though this is a well documented problem with these sliding doors. This is my third toyota and they are well maintained thru the dealership. The cost is $1400. Total negligence on Toyota's part on not standing behind this faulty part and at least covering the portion of the repairs. I guess customer loyalty is second to the dollar. Very disappointed.

Dec 27, 2017

Comments

12th of Apr, 2018

2009 Sienna with both rear doors having snapped cables. We ended up using them manually since even though I was under 120, 000 miles, I was told my year is not covered-only older and newer are. I called in over the summer and was told the parts haven't changed, they know it's a problem but don't know the answer so sorry. Well today, the door fell off the track as my son was trying to close it. We had to rig it with a cable to get it home! We bought this van due to what was supposed to be a trusted maker. Not proving to be so.