Menu
Toyota
reviews & complaints

Toyota
reviews & complaints

Learn how the rating is calculated

1103 complaints
292 resolved 811 unresolved
File a complaint Table of contents
Claim listing
Is this your company? Claim it and get a lot of features. Read more
Click here to get notifications about new complaints of Toyota. We promise not to send you any unrelated messages
11:37 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought a new Toyota Vios 1.5 G in Sept 2014. The minutes I collected my new car, I discovered noise occured during uneven road or over humps. I repeatly make complaints and finally got the engine mounting changed. However the noise defect still appearing n remain unsettled. I was told by the service centre and toyota complaint dept Malaysia that toyota i...

M

Toyota - unlawful business dealings

I was looking for crazy 8 car loans. They gave me an address so i gps it and instead of crazy 88 dealership it was rick case fiat. They seem to be using or are behind a scheme to hurt people with low credit scores. I bigger problem is that they added 2 other cots for my car. Skyline and gap both of which my finance company stated were not required. The staff at rick case fiat have been deceiving and won't allow me to talk to the general manager. I believe that isreal washington, the guy that sold me my car is the main source of this deception. Both the gap and the skyline were added to my loan. I need to know how can i file a complaint and to who i file my complaint.

1 comment
Dec 13, 2010 7:01 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Bad after sales service by these guys...

5:57 pm

Toyota - Veterans discount

was going to purchase 2 vehicles from my local Toyota dealer. I'm a Retired Army and a Desert Storm Vet. I Retired in 2001 with 20 years in. here what got me Toyota only gives a discount up to one year a person gets out or retired from the service on some vehicles none. Unlike other dealers it a military discount all the time no mater how long you been out as long you have a DD-214. so when the sale person informed me of this we (me and my wife) got up and went to FORD and got $500 for both cars. to me Toyota not Military friendly.

6:55 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I had sent (Towed) my accident car Toyota Vios to UMW Toyota on 17 Oct 2014 but up today 15th Dec 2014 Toyota never move the car for repair and left at hot sun and heavy rain at their service centre. This car get rusted and cable spoil. I lost confident on Toyota.

View 0 more photos
11:43 pm

Toyota - customer service

I called Toyota Finance to make my last payment at Toyota Finance took and I was not able to access my account. It took nearly 10 days before I could figure out the prompts and find a live person . I would be placed on hold through the automated service and suddenly disconnected. Finally, I was able to talk to a person, the first woman that answered the telephone and was extremely rude and not wanting to help me at all. I asked her why I had to go through the Recovery Department…I did not understand what that was. I asked if it was a repossession department and she said it was. I did not understand why my vehicle was being repossessed. She put me on hold for 40 minutes. Than Agnes got on the phone and she was even ruder and confirmed my truck was being repossessed. I told her that I had not received any papers. I told her I did not understand and she told me I was not my fault that I did not understand.

I asked to speak with someone else and she refused. I asked for a manager and she would not transfer me. She pretended to transfer me to a manager, she actually transferred me into a woman's voicemail that was on vacation for another week. At this point, I called my sister very shaken, 3 hours later, she reached a live person named Tom who confirmed my truck was not in repossession.

So, after lying to me, refusing to give me my last payment information Agnes is still working at Toyota Finance. I never did get a pay-off amount, my sister had to call again. I called today, I made the payment on November 25th - Agnes said she would need a few days to confirm. I am certain since the payment is confirmed from my bank, Toyota has it. She is just being vengeful. Today, she said there is an order for Toyota to pick up my vehicle. I am not sure if she is lying or telling the truth this time. I did not receive a letter, nevertheless, I am afraid to leave my house.

4:21 pm

Toyota - Faulty car engine transmission

I bought a Toyota Diesal 1.4 with an MMT gearbox in 2009.There was aproblem initially with the software and Toyota had recalled a number of vehicles worldwide. This MMT design is known to be problematic with Service centres and owners.A few months ago, the gearbox started slipping out of the drive position into neutral without warning.I experienced numerous breakdowns and problems with safety when driving.Toytota never showed me the curtesy of a reply but I know they are fully aware of the problems relating to these gearboxes.
The only option I had was to get it repaired at a cost of £2, 150.00! which I paid.The replacement parts are only guaranteed for a year, which is a disgrace as far as I am concerned .At the time of the repair my car was less than five years old and had 54, 000 miles on the clock.This expense is not reasonable or fair for a car in that condition and I am struggling at the moment to find a way of redressing the problem with the cost, which I feel Toyota should contribute to.Their 'silence' speaks volumes as far as I am concerned.This year they had another worldwide recall for their cars.They do not live up to the hype they promote in my experience and I could never buy one of their cars again as I have no confidence in their product or feel valued as a customer..

1 comment
Aug 05, 2018 5:24 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Please please can you report this to DVSA as they are now investigating this issue. The more reports coming in the better chance they will do something. Even if you have the repair done or have since disposed of the car it may still be of help.

More information on my current dealings in this matter can be found on here:

10:44 am

Toyota - fraud for extended warranty sale

When I purchased my toyota camry it had 23, 000 km. I was told that from their financial advisor that I cannot purchase the vehicle unless I purchase the extended warranty. me being a single mom doesn't without any assistant in the process and didn't know any better. I end up paying about 2000 dollars on top of what I already pay and she told me that it covers alot and it is a good warranty to get for sure, and 2 years later me driving about things started to fall apart. my windshield cracked do to pressure and they told me that it doesn't cover my stereo system is broken and minor things they said sam thing not cover. sp I asked them what does my warant really cover? from what I learned it cover nothing. so please learn from my experience don't buy car from them anymore. They are liars and just want your momey

2 comments
Z
May 19, 2013 4:45 pm

I wanted to purchase a car from Kingsway Toyota but my credit card failed credit score check. I was told that if I open checking account they would be able to sell me a car but it was complete waste of time because it didn’t help.
Kingsway Toyota
12820 97 St NW Edmonton, AB T5E 4C3, Canada
+[protected]

L
May 21, 2013 9:11 am
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

How are they giving you misleading instructions? Maybe they thought a checking account would help your credit score, it's not their fault your score is too low to qualify for a loan.

This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

This dealership used unethical tactics to sell me a pre-owned vehicle. The car was represented as having one owner, and the original factory installed tires. I later found out by doing due diligence that the vehicle has had multiple owners and that the tires on the vehicle were manufactured three years before the vehicle was built. In addition, they failed...

12:47 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In August 2014 I went to Lithia Toyota in Medford to trade my Tacoma in for a newer model. Brian Berg, sales manager, worked out a deal for both trade in and purchase of a new truck. I asked him at least six times during this process to confirm I was getting the same model with the same options as the truck I was trading in. He assured me, each time, I wa...

12:18 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In August 2014 I went to Lithia Toyota to trade my Tacoma in for a newer model. Brian Berg, sales manager, worked out a deal for both trade in and purchase of a new truck. I asked at least six times during this process to confirm I was getting the same model with the same options as the truck I was trading in. Each time I asked, I was assured I was. I paid...

4:13 pm
Verified customer This complaint was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Toyota - poor customer very unprofessional

Would not honor true car certificate Dealer lies to customer over the phone to get them into dealership. Would not honor NADA on my trade in like the said they would over phone. I drove over 2 hrs to get lied to Stay away from this crooked dealer. They will rip you off and smilie while they are doing it.

A
7:15 pm

Toyota - dishonest, intimidating sales tactics

I went in on a Monday to lease a car. I arranged a deal with the salesman that I was pleased with. I went back on Wednesday to finalize the deal, and everything had changed. Now the car was going to cost $70 more a month and they wanted an add'l $1, 500 down. Apparently, the "fine print" that was not revealed to me was that only Tier 1+ credit clients could get the deal; my credit score was 750 (Tier 1, but not Tier 1 plus), This was the exact opposite of what I was told on Monday--I was told the deal was available to Tier 1 and Tier 1+ clients. . Also, add'l fees were added in to the agreement, ones that I had explicitly asked to be detailed for me on Monday. I still had the paperwork showing the numbers the salesperson wrote down. The Sales Manager then came over to "explain" things to me. He was immediately condescending and hostile before I could utter a word. He stood behind the desk and leaned over to where I was sitting, putting himself right in my face. He snidely told me, over and over again, that all the terms were explained on the Internet right there for me to read. "They're right there! Didn't you read them?" I told him I was going by what the salesperson told me--I even showed him the paperwork where the salesperson wrote down the details of the agreement. He said the salesperson was wrong and again told me that I should have read what was on the Internet. His attitude was so unexpectedly arrogant and patronizing that I asked to speak with someone else. He said there was no one else; HE was the sales manager. I said I wouldn't deal with him further so he'd have to find someone. Next the Finance Manager, Bob, comes over. He was even worse than the salesperson! He even implied that I was tried to scam THEM (since when does a dealership ever get the raw end of a car deal?). These two men seemed to take pleasure in bullying me and trying to intimidate me into taking the deal they were offering. They didn't even try to work with me to arrange something workable; it was all "take it or leave it" despite what the salesperson had told me about fees and financing. I took my paperwork and left. I contacted both the owner and general manager. No one ever got back to me. Owner promised to "look into it" but never did contacted me. I would never deal with this dealership again, and you shouldn't either.

5:51 am

Toyota - did not deliver my car

This is my first time i buy from Al-Futtaim Motors in Dubai Festival based on a recommendation from my fried who used to buy his cars (every 2 years) from them.
I got a car loan from my bank to buy this car & they got the cheque of the full payment from the bank on 17th/Aug but still didnt deliver my car saying "They Didnt get the money from bank yet"!

I called the bank & they confirmed to me that "Al-Futtaim Motors, recieved the cheque on 16th/Aug & got thier money from the bank on 17th/Aug.
Thy got my money, but didnt deliver the car yet.
I called the "Customer Protection Department" & got copy of papers from bank & & will call the police because i started the procedure 1.5 month back & still didnt get my car .

The staff who answer the calls keep lying to me saying " The manager is busy with another customer" when i managed to call the manager, she was sick & on leave! not busy with a customer.. The lady who answered my call on reception then kept me on hold for 30 minutes till i closed the line

Regards

Rashid AlHassani

C
10:24 am

Toyota - money not refunded

Item advertised - 2010 toyota yaris sedan t3 rf limited for r 30 000
Ebay confirmation e. Bay - [email protected] 11th july 2014 11:12 am replied - you are buying from a verifiedseller. The seller (Jacques van dyk) has a gbp10 000 deposit in an ebay purchase protection accounts and a 10 day refund policy is included. . . The transaction is 100% safe so you can buy and pay with confidence from ebay! Regards ebay inc. Trust & safety team.

The transaction has never taken place
The monies were paid and the vehicle has not been delivered
The refund has been requested and we have not received the money or any request to supply information, we have been continuously bullied into being requested for a further payment of r 20 000.

Please assist in an immediate understanding and refund from ebay if this is a scam we further request that ebay take responsibility and ownership for the fraud being proicessed against there name and the issuing of false documentation.

Please email for further supporting paperwork to [email protected] Co. Za;

3 comments
Aug 27, 2014 1:54 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

They sold me a used car with front suspension issues. The used car sales manager knew of the suspension problem and failed to disclose it. He also stated his entire sales staff knew as well. The salesman stated the car ran great and that their used cars go thru a 160 point inspection before they can put them on the lot to sale. This is fraud. Now they want over $2000.00 to repair the car that I had less then 24 hrs.

Aug 27, 2014 8:40 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

Buying a car from another country and being lied to that it's made her so it creates revenue, I think not

Aug 27, 2014 7:47 pm
Verified customer This comment was posted by a verified customer. Learn more

I got some advice sound advice "Buy American" (that includes dealerships)

C
10:42 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I bought car for my daughter from the company Haltermans Toyota. I paid about $13, 000 for it and the rep showed that it worked great, but after that it started to work louder and some parts turned out to be broken. I reached the seller and showed all problematic places, but this jerk refused to help and told that it wasn’t his problem. Total scam, so don’t buy from them and post comments about your experience with this company.

L
11:58 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

Neither Lexus nor Toyota have any interest in responding to complaints and following New York State Law or laws of the FTC. The government does not follow up and enforce the law. The New York State Attorney General does not even compel Toyota or Lexus to respond in writing. We as consumers are stuck. Do not buy a car from Lexus or Toyota because they do not...

Z
10:55 am

Toyota - I started to repair and still it had a lot of problems

I recently bought Toyota Egypt, but I really was disappointed in it. I bought it in September, but after 2 months I started to change parts in it. I fixed it for several times, but it broke again and again. I just really wanted to warn other people as well as post comments about your experience with them. Please, share your views about this model and maybe someone had the same problems.

H
9:49 am
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

I’m writing to inform you that I had a negative experience at Russel Toyota, 6324 Baltimore National Pike, Baltimore, MD‎. Internet Inquiry about Vin: JTMZFREVXEJ002192, StockNumber : 141633 to Sarah Udelhofen. About me, I am working in well reputed industry, public recognized and holding master degree. I am not affiliated with auto industry as employee or...

8:12 pm

Toyota - headlights

The low beam light in one of my headlights and both high beams went out just past the 5 year ownership and 100, 000 mile time and distance benchmarks. I went into local dealership, where I had purchased the vehicle new in 2008. They changed out bulb in low beam light and it has worked alright since then, but now other low beam bulb is not always operating correctly.

Dealership encouraged me to come back in as they indicated warranty program would
cover high beam and full headlight replacement. My VIN range is WMI 4T1 VDS BK36B to BK3DB serial U209130-U370971 and U351302-U370973.

Service department kept me waiting one hour and then printed a document indicating warranty for my VIN range was only 5 years or 72, 000 miles, whichever came first. I did not qualify on either criteria, which dealership would have known before they encouraged me to come in to check warranty.

Cost or replacement parts is over $2, 000 and that is before labor. The vehicle was overpriced to start, especially with major parts now going out after merely 100, 000 miles.

My wife, daughter and I all own Toyotas now and have owned them in the past. Treating a loyal customer in this matter is a guarantee against any future business coming to Toyota from the Wilson family.

Toyota needs to extend warranty to 150, 000 miles or ten years to make this right, especially on flagship, top of the line vehicles like the Avalon.

Randall Wilson
[email protected]

M
8:42 pm
This review was chosen algorithmically as the most valued customer feedback.

In June of 2012 I tool my car to the Toyota dealership and told them that I needed service on my air conditioner. I told them that I wanted them to check the evaporator. The service person called me back and told me that the evaporator was fine but that the condenser was bad. We got that fixed with some other minor thing to the tune of $2300+ . We left the...

Toyota contacts