Toyota — defective door design in 2016 rav 4 xle
Upon calling the service department to discuss this problem and/or make an appointment, I described the problem of snow, salt, mud etc. accumulating on the lowest interior panel of each of the 4 car doors. The service department employee told me that they see this a lot on this model and it is because of the poor design of the door and that there is no "Fix" for this. I mentioned that I paid $129.00 for mudguards and asked if there is any adjustment on these that may help. I was told that they are a protection for the exterior paint. When I asked if this problem could lead to rust and deterioration of the doors, he allowed as to how this is possible if I didn't clean them regularly to help prevent that problem.
I just paid over $33, 000 for this new vehicle in October 2016 and this is an unacceptable answer. If Toyota knows about this, shouldn't a "fix" be created to correct it before the vehicle has no value at trade in because of rusted doors?
More Toyota Complaints & Reviews
- Toyota corolla 141 - low fuel consumption rate 
- Toyota Vios - engine knocking sound 
- Toyota International Lotto (Headquarter), japan - no response regarding toyota car international promotion program 
- Toyota Lottery Award - scam lottery! 
- Toyota / MMT Gearbox - dishonest sales tactics - advertising and selling vehicles equipped with mmt gearbox as automatic 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - rav4 negligent misrepresentation - wa state - toyota bellevue
- toyotalotto.thai1210signgmail.com - scam
- 2006 Toyota Corolla - clicks and jerks 
- Toyota Motor Corporation - toyota extra care vehicle service agreement application number ar621f
- Liberty Toyota Of Burlington, NJ - I have officially been degraded.