Toshiba / it's a lemon

Toshiba has been terrible in terms of customer support. I bought a new computer this Spring (2007) and it has caused me problems since Wk 1. Unfortunately, I didn't take it back to Office Depot during the first 2 weeks. Office Depot's policy is that they only take back their products during the first 2 weeks. When I have contacted Toshiba, they either put me on a long hold or never get back with me (I get a recording to leave my phone number but they don't call back). Initially, when I called them, they took my calls but I guess they got tired of giving me new case numbers for each time I called. My computer has frozen on me since I got it. I asked them to provide me with a new computer since I paid the price of a new computer. However, they initially said that they, as a company, DO NOT replace computers, they only repair them. I don't understand this given that my computer has frozen on me and has been a lemon since Week 1. Does anyone have suggestions? I have recently had to purchase a new computer through another company. This situation with Toshiba has been extremely costly, not to mention taken a lot of my time and caused significant frustration. In addition, it has frozen on me multiple times while I was working on my dissertation or other important documents that had deadlines. Thus, I have had to re-do documents that I was in the middle of completing. I need assistance. I want my money back!

The computer was a lemon from the beginning. Since Toshiba is not willing to replace my "newly" purchased laptop, I am very unhappy. I deserve a new computer...not a repaired computer - I have had to buy a new computer through another company.

Comments

• Ke
      23rd of Apr, 2008

Purchased a Toshiba laptop for my brother from Circuit city in Dec 2007. Nothing but problems. The camera and the cd drive do not work. Circuit City and Toshiba have not been able to repair it. It has been at their repair center 4 times since December. It is April 2008. Toshiba will not replace it. They DO NOT replace computers only repair them but they do take your money. Would never consider buying a Toshiba again. This has been a horrible lesson to learn and so much time wasted.

• Dr
      15th of May, 2008

hi, i have bought a cleaner toshiba 1600 watt, 2 years ago, the plastic coductor and the ground cleaning piece is very bad quality, it was teared several times, i have inform toshia elaraby - gzerh badran, and have bought these two parts up till now 4 times the last one was 2 monthes ago and it become teared again, is it logic that a company like toshiba accept that, iam regretting buying this product, please i don, t know what to know, if you aacept that, i will not worry, my phone is 0102635552

• Lu
      22nd of Jul, 2008

I bought a Toshiba Satellite A135 laptop--a paper weight for the past 14 months! Three months after I purchased it, the ethernet card, which allows you to connect to the internet, quit working. I called their customer service center and was referred to a local authorized repair center. They kept it for one month, telling me that the part was back-ordered every time I would call them. When I finally got it back, the paper weight, I mean the laptop, did not work. I called Toshiba's customer service again. After waiting about 40 minutes, normally the waiting time to get a human on the line, the young fellow put me through the motions of removing and reinstalling software. After spending more than 30 minutes with him on the phone, the problem had not been resolved. I called a second time and the young man who took my call, wanted to put me through the same routine as the previous young man had done before. I refused to do it, so I told him that I was just going to put the piece of s--it as a paper weight. During the time the Toshiba has been out of commission, I've purchased a Compaq and have been very happy with its performance. Toshiba products are off my radar for as long as I live. Never will I buy another product from this manufacturer, nor will I recommended to anyone. Thanks for letting me post my bad experience with a Toshiba product.

• De
      4th of Nov, 2008

Purchased a Toshiba satellite laptop for my daughter and it has been a lemon from day 1. It stayed IN the shop more than out and that was 2 years ago and is not functioning as we speak! I tried to locate an AMERICAN location that speaks ENGLISH in the UNITED STATES without any success. I, too, demanded my money back with NO success. I will NEVER buy Toshita...I mean Toshiba...again! I have a SONY VAIO and it is almost 5 years old and still working! If you see a Toshiba...RUN...regardless of the price. They are a piece of crap and their customer service is even worse.