Toshiba Satellite Notebooktoshiba notebook problems

S

Dear Consumers Defenders,

In the beginning of January (2sd Jan) I bought a new laptop TOSHIBA Satellite A105-S4384 – serial # Y6329363Q, in a Circuit City store # 846 – Gaithersburg – MD (Invoice # [protected]).

After 16 days (Jan 18th), the computer’s system stopped working and I tried to exchange it in the store, but the store only exchanges until 14 days. But they saw the computer and told me that the HD was dead.

I called the TOSHIBA Warranty and had my first CASE # and orientation to reboot the computer with the restore discs inside the box. The computer worked, but in 1 week it showed the same problem.

I called TOSHIBA again and the orientation was the same: “restore the computer with the restore disks”. One more week and the computer was dead again.

I received the CASE # authorization to send it to an authorized service repair. I asked a friend to try the exchange, but we receive another CASE # [protected]) to repair it.

On Saturday, Feb 17th, I left the computer at RICHARDS COMPUTER – FAIRFAX [protected]) - more than 17 miles far from my house. After 1 week, the computer was ready, with the order # 021113Z6C, by replacing the System Board and reinstalling factory software (more 17 miles to got it again).

When I arrived at home I tried to use it on the second time, I saw this message: “USERINIT.EXE – Application Error”. I called TOSHIBA again and I had the CASE # 1/[protected] on Sunday Feb 25th. I reinstalled the operational system two times with no success after more than 2 hours with the technical assistance by phone.

Since the first problem I have been trying to exchange the device, I mean, I don’t want my money back yet. I only want to have a new computer that I can work with. After all these days, I received another number CASE (# 1/[protected]) with the orientation to try the exchange.

Today, after waiting for more than one hour on the phone, I could talk with Mr. John Mike and in the CASE # T1-95ZWD4 he wants to try repair the computer again. But now, I want a new one or my money back.

Next Friday, I’ll complete 2 months with this computer without using it, because it is only a problem in my life, and I paid almost $ 1 thousand for it.

I am sending this message to all the Companies and newspaper that I can imagine to aid me.

• Et
    E Tan Aug 26, 2016

TV:
    Bought a 40LV665DB in Nov 09, less than six months it does not come out of standby, Toshiba gave me a USB firmware to fix it, it was OK for about 9 months, then it does it again, phone them and they took it away for repairs for free, came back, 2 days later it does it again. Still waiting to hear from them.

Laptop:
    I have gone through 3 Toshiba Laptops, all have keyboard problems, while you are typing, the cursor jumps to somewhere else, they all behave the same so it must be a design fault. Friend of mine having same fault with her Toshiba asked me if I know of this problem. So it wasn't just me. One laptop even have its wireless failed, I have to use a USB wireless dongle, that was just after warranty has expired.

Lesson to be learnt - STAY AWAY FROM TOSHIBA !!!

• Ed
    EdwF87 Aug 17, 2016

Purchased new laptop, not cheap! Have spent 7 hours today trying to get it to connect to my business network. Other laptop, HP, connected with no problem. But Toshiba won't connect. Called tech support finally and they couldn't help - said they were sending me to "SENIOR suport" who would call back but could be up to 2 hours. I called them back twice and they said the same thing both times - we'll call you back...they don't call back, not from INDIA, not from the Philippines.

• Ws
    W. Stewart Aug 12, 2016

Bought a Toshiba L505D laptop June 27, 2009. The hard drive failed on October 24, 2009. I took it back to Best Buy for manufacturers warranty repair where I was told I would have to get the operating system disc from Toshiba. I called Toshiba and they charged me $25 for shipp the software. Unbelievable that you have to pay exhorbant shipping fees for their system failure. It's not the first Toshiba laptop I've had problems with but it will be last. Fianally learned my lesson.

• So
    Sowmya.D Aug 12, 2016

Hi,
    This is sowmya, I bought Toshiba Laptop in Mysore on August 2010. Till this time I was using windows 7, but I uninstalled this and installed windows Xp as windows 7 was not comfortable for me. However I don't have drivers CD for windows Xp. So I would request you to send Toshiba drivers CD (satellite L500 series) which I had not taken while purchasing the laptop. My address is as follows
    #12/87, 9th cross, puckraj layout, Rangadasappa nagar, Bangalore-560030

Or u can even confirm me that whether I can install those drivers in bangalore service center for free of cost as my laptop lies within the warranty period.
    Awaiting for your reply..

Ph:[protected]
    Email:[email protected]

Regards,
    Sowmya

• Cg
    CGriffith Aug 12, 2016

I feel you I send my laptop in three times and it is still not working.

• Td
    TDC Aug 12, 2016

I bought a Toshiba A75 laptop in 2005. By 2006, it needed to have the 'motherboard' replaced, while still under warrantee. I had to drive approximately 1 hour away to a Toshiba provider, and had to pay $60 to get the computer back in 2 weeks, otherwise I would not have gotten it back for 6 weeks. It still never worked properly, it would run loud, get hot, and shut down. I bought an Apple Macbook in 2007, and I love it. The Apple folks couldn't even transfer my files because the Toshiba piece of crap wouldn't stay on long enough, it would get hot and shut itself off. The Toshiba piece of crap sat and collected dust until I got around to wiping the hard drive, I decided maybe I could sell it for what few parts worked. I inserted the Recovery disk, and the Toshiba piece of crap wouldn't recognize it. I called "Toshiba", and of course had to speak with someone whom I could barely understand and was clearly located halfway around the world based on the poor connection and delay, and they told me I would have to take it to the service provider at my own expense. I took the Toshiba piece of crap outside and smashed it with a sledge hammer into as many pieces as I could until I felt satisfied. I WILL NEVER BUY TOSHIBA PRODUCTS, AND I HOPE THIS MESSAGE GETS OUT FOR OTHERS NOT TO BUY TOSHIBA PRODUCTS. TOSHIBA SUCKS!!! DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY!!!

• Ba
    Barbara Aug 12, 2016

Last June 2008 I purchased a TOSHIBA NOTEBOOK, computer. To begin with we only used it for games, so we did not know this problem existed. This winter I started to use it to type up some documents. As I was typing, the letters would jump from the middle of a word backwards up in the middle of a word or a sentence I already typed. The more I typed the worse it got. It was impossible to type a whole paragraph. I have a years warranty on it so I sent it back to be fixed. First they claimed they fixed it, but it came back in the same condition (the letters are still jumping from the middle of a word backwards up in the middle of a word or a sentence) The second time they sent it back they claimed they put in a new keyboard. It came back in the same condition, with the same problem. I sent it back again and it came back again in the same condition with the same problem. Pretty soon the warranty will run out. What can I do?

• Ra
    rakesh singhal Aug 12, 2016

i purchased toshiba portege r700, and when i broguht it home, i found it to be defective. i sent it back to dealer, who for a month, kept on saying, it is under repair at service station.

first they changed fan, then os was reloaded, then disk was changed. i asked them to give in writing, what parts have been chnaged. they say, they can not give it in writing.

they refuse to give refund, and also another replacement. on the contrary sales executivecalled me and started abusing me. as a result, they have cheated me 60, 000 RS

• Ju
    juliechristine3 Aug 12, 2016

The only thing I need is the address to send my replacement part to. I'm only under warranty for a few more weeks and my AC Adapter went bad. I do not have a credit card to go through the process of letting them hold $145 on a card to send me a part, so that I could send them the old one back. ONE of the case managers that actually helped somewhat said I could send my part first, then they will send the new part when they receive it, BUT NOBODY KNOWS THE ADDRESS TO SEND IT TO. I talked to 3-4 case managers, customer service 4 times, technical support, who in turn, sent me back to customer service. The last call was at 8:24 am today, where the customer service rep had me on hold forever waiting for a case manager, then redirected me to the automated system, then the system hung up on me. All I need is the address that would be on the returned parts envelope that they would send. Nobody in the whole company seems to know this address. And they just cost me $89 for a new adapter and numerous daytime minutes spent. This is the worst customer service I've ever had.

• Da
    darren1999 Aug 12, 2016

i bought a toshiba satellite L355d s7901 at best buy in lake jackson texas, 15 days after i got it the hdd went out. they refused to take it back because the return policy is 14 days. i called toshiba and was given a number and had to drive 35 miles to the repair center. im disabled i cant walk so its hard for me to get out. now almost 4 months later the same thing happened hdd is out again. since day 1 i have gotten freezes, error messages telling me i have a disk error, i start up and it tells me thers no boot device and windows exploer is not responding.Now they want me to return it and wait up to 6 weeks to get it fixed. thats pure bull ###! This computer i saved up 2 years to get and i expectd it to last more than 4 damn months. It has been down and in the repair shop more than i have been on it. Best buy is a rip off that sells computer that only last until 1 day after the return policy. Toshiba is the worst company ever, the thec support couldnt tell me what to do. I am so sick of this computer and toshiba. I will never buy anything at best buy again or buy another [censored]yy toshiba product.

• Tw
    Twitch Aug 12, 2016

I had almost the exact same thing happen. I bought a Toshiba laptop at Best Buy in Lake Forest, CA. On the 13th day, the screen started going out. I couldn't get to the store, since it was Thanksgiving Weekend. I took it in on the 16th day of having it and they said they couldn't take it back. I wasn't even looking for a refund, just a computer that works!

After going round and round with them and Toshiba for weeks, I finally sent the machine off to Toshiba. Toshiba said it would cost $573 to repair. The computer cost me ~$400!!! Best Buy says, "we can't do anything but sell you a more expensive computer and eat the tax as a courtesy." Courtesy!?!? WTF!?

Both Best Buy AND Toshiba have some of the worst customer service!

If I took money from someone for services and they didn't work out but I told them, "if you give me more money, maybe you'll get what you wanted, " I'd be hauled into jail as a scam artist!!

• Ic
    Ichetucknee Aug 12, 2016

Bought new E305-1990X from a major retailer. Out of the box the hard drive made a beep noise. I thought it would go away and loaded all my programs. Now a month later it shuts down randomly so I called toshiba support and found it has a faulty hard drive. Support staff advised that Ill have to send in the computer for repair. I didnt want to do that due to transit time and repair time could be up to two weeks so I complained. I was then sent on a wild goose chase calling a local auth repair shop who told me they could do nothing. Now Im out of a computer while its being repaired and will have to reinstall all my programs etc. Toshiba Sucks and Ill never buy another...

• Rr
    rrhoward46 Aug 12, 2016

I bought this computer on 11/13/10 and in June 2011 it decided to quit working. I contacted Toshiba on June 20th, 2011 and they told me they would send a box by UPS so I could send the laptop in for repairs. I kept checking with UPS using the Depot Status # T1-1198396. UPS had received notice From Toshiba that they would be receiving a box and had the shipping label made out but hadn't received the box. When Toshiba failed to send out the box as they said they would then I knew that even though I had a 1 year warranty that wouldn't matter. They would come up with a way to screw me out of repairing it. I waited over 3 weeks then called them. Finally on 7/11/11 I called Toshiba again to find out why I hadn't received the box yet and they told me they would send it out right away. On July 13th, 2011 I received the box and shipped the laptop back to them on July 14th, 2011. Toshiba called after receiving the laptop and said something was spilled on it when nothing had been spilled on it. I received the laptop back today and it wasn't repaired. When I first had the problems with the laptop until I received the box to ship it back I knew they were going to come up with some bogus thing so they wouldn't have to repair it. I will never ever buy anything Toshiba.

• Pi
    Pirahnya Aug 12, 2016

Working on customer's A215 Toshiba Satellite. First, power brick went out, had to purchase a new one. Then issues with harddrive not booting, had to purchase a new one. Then they had a BIOS password due to family issues. That worked fine for about 8 months then the password didn't work and doesn't work, but it's still asking for a password. Evidently nothing is covered under their warranty. To fix the BIOS issue (which I've cleared on several other PC's and laptops, so I'm not a newbie at this computer thing) they want $179, plus shipping and handling, and I'd have to wait a minimum (MINIMUM) of 4 weeks to get it back.
    I find it unusual that in the majority of computers and laptops that if you remove the battery, the BIOS resets after a period of time. NOT Toshiba, the password is NOT stored the BIOS. What a scam! My customer would rather spend $1200 on a new laptop that deal with Toshiba. Don't blame her.

• Ab
    abdullah A. ALghamdi Aug 12, 2016

I have issue with battery charging

When I charge the laptop 100 % (battery full )and shut down it (shut down not put it in sleep mode) I leave it shut down for may be one day or sometimes half day I found battery low or laptop not started at all due empty battery…

already I give it to JARIR SERVICE CENTER to check it (they take it more than one week) they try to fix it but they did nothing, and when they cannot repair it they said this is normal…
    I said to them Please use your mind this is laptop I have to use it outside ( not use only in the home like desktop ) this is not normal !!!

Please I need to solve the issue as you can as possible …. This is the JARIR SERVICE CENTER customer information # 2045946
    your feed me back highly important …

------------------------------
    Abdullah A Al-Ghamdi
    T [protected] or +[protected]
    E [email protected]

• La
    Labber Aug 12, 2016

I bought my Toshiba 3010 Dynabook computer. These computers were advertised in US magazines and no caveats were issued about support for English users.

Recently I reformatted the HD and an upgraded Windows.

There are conflicts between English versions of Windows and the Dynabook 3010. Toshiba US and Canada admit they do not offer product support for these computers and so I contacted Toshiba Japan to see if they offered some minor suggestions but they suddenly stopped answering my emails for help (3rd email).

This has all the makings of a cover-up. Flood the market with a machine with design flaws and then later ignore customer requests for product support.

I paid twice the price for this computer that US consumers paid for the debugged US version released 8 months later.

The drivers from the Japanese web site don't load properly with Windows and the US drivers from Toshiba America cause problems with the sound system.

Would you want to do business with a computer manufacturer who charges a premium for a computer and then decides not to support an entire population of users?

• Ek
    E. Khaw Aug 12, 2016

Would like to warn consumers out there before they plunk down their hard-earned money on poor quality laptops made by Toshiba. Our 18-month laptop won't boot up out of the blue, but was working just fine the previous day. Researched online and was totally surprised by the sheer number of complaints others are experiencing with the same model bought or manufactured around the same time as ours. Apparently, these complaints and discussions are even on Toshiba's own forum, and has fallen into deaf ears. None got the results they sought from Toshiba if the product is even a day past the warranty period. Faulty or flawed design was the major complaint (are there any lemon laws for such items?). We encourage consumers to look elsewhere when consider buying a laptop computer. Toshiba's questionable quality has deteriorated further and has caused nothing but frustration and headaches for us.

maxzen2004 Aug 12, 2016

We purchased our 5th Toshiba Satellite L305 in our family in April 2009, one day the blue screen came up and it's been a nightmare since. Toshiba replaced the hard drive 3 times and never told me the repair is warrantied for 30 days and never gave us the option to extend warranty. Customer service is terrible, they send you to the Phillipines. I have heard all their products are failing and with the the poor customer service it's a recipe to stay away from toshiba products.

• Dn
    dno260 Aug 12, 2016

gave a video cam for servicing at Arabian Business Machines on the 5th of October 2010, having called the service center, I found that the supervisor refuses to come on line to address the call as I was promised that the cam would be returned in 3-4 days’ time. Its 54 days today and I dont get any response from them. I advise everyone not to buy any Toshiba products as you will never ger a proper service done.

• Ri
    Rick Fint Aug 12, 2016

Just purchased a Toshibia Satellite laptop it is less than 30 days old got a couple of warnings on a blue screen then bam nothing. Contacted Office Depot for repair this is where it was purchased they said it would be 399.00 to fix this problem that they only have a 14 day store warranty for this product and that i should have bought their extended Geek Warranty pkg. Toshibia is junk and the people who sell it for them are just as bad

• Ms
    mslori Aug 12, 2016

I agree they are horrible!! Buy a Apple!! Its worth it!! I will never ever buy a Toshiba or HP !!

• Co
    CourierKnew Aug 12, 2016

I made a YouTube version of this report, seen here:

I purchased a Toshiba Notebook and found that the “8” top-row key was broken and had fallen off. I bought myself a new key but, when I tried to install it, I realized that the metal underneath where I was supposed to insert the new “8” was bent. I could have put the key in, myself, but I would have to the shove the key in crookedly if I were to do so.

I called Toshiba and they sent me a box where I could ship my computer in for repairs.

I knew there was a problem when I saw the condition the box was in when I got the computer back. It was pretty beat up. When I opened the box itself I saw that there were what appeared to be skid marks under my computer.

When I opened up the box, the first thing I noticed was the fact that the key was in crooked. Toshiba had not taken the time and effort to replace the keyboard and instead shoved the key in like I could have done, myself.

As well, when I turned the computer on, I found that some of the computer screen's pixels had died while it was in their hands.

There was a laptop repair summary paper along with the computer. Here’s what it said:

-----

Repaired and Cared For On: 7/20/10 10:33 PM

Proudly Repaired by:

First Name Eric S. Tech ID eXeII

Serial Number: 4A197500Q

Service Order: V-[protected]

Symptoms:

Case Detail: Key fell off

Customer CD/DVD disc shipped with unit.

Notes: Repaired keyboard key. Updated DMI & BIOS. Passed all tests

-----

As you might have noticed, the paper acknowledged the fact that the key had fallen out, but there was no mention of the metal piece underneath being either damaged or repaired.

When I called customer service, they said they were going to simply list is under “Problem not fixed” and that they were going to do something about the screen.

They did not acknowledge my mention of the metal piece despite my attempts to bring it up numerous times.

I received a second shipping box in the mail on July 27th. It was horribly damaged. I’m not comfortable with shipping my computer back to them in what they sent me. In fact, I shouldn’t be considering shipping out the computer at all.

Comments

• Ks
    kschaeuble Aug 12, 2016

I sell Toshiba TV's. The newer models, last 6 months, lock up on a certain local HD channel. It does not matter wether it is over cable or air. They become out of sync voice to picture and you have to manually shut them off to fix the problem. This may happen once a week or several times a day. Now they expect me to pay the cost of running around picking up the sets and the cost of sending them back. I have 30 sets out there with this problem. With fuel, wages, packaging, etc. I am going to have $100 in cost tied up on each set. Does anyone else think this is BS. That is more than the margin I made on several of the sets. Don't do business with TOSHIBA. Do not buy their product

• Jc
    jc23 Aug 12, 2016

my laptop just goes blank and am unable to get it back unless i completely shut it down wait at least 30 min preferably an hour then power back up

• Hp
    H. Porsch Aug 12, 2016

I have had nothing but trouble since I first purchased the Satellite laptop. I was told that if I purchesed the extended warranty that the only thing that was not covered was if it got stolen or if it was not retrieveable (Like if it fell down a cliff or something like that). THEN, it had a printer already installed on it hen I got it and I do not have a printer ! It also had smudges on the screen from the keyboard! Right from the box which had been retaped ! When I mentioned it to the GEEKS at Best Buy in Saginaw, Michigan, they all but laughted in my face and proceeded to take the PRINTER off my computer. Every time I take my laptop in. I get it back and it seems to have more problems than when I took it in ! The keyboard does not work all of the time ! ! ! The sound has rarely worked on my laptop ! ! ! Those are just a few of the problems that I have had with it. NOW, what can you do about it ? ? ?
    I AM NOT HAPPY TO SAY THE LEAST ! ! !
    What can you do to make me want to buy another Toshiba in the future ? ? ?
    Frustrated in Michigan,
    Herman

• Da
    Daffanie Buras Aug 12, 2016

To whom it may concern:

Hello, my name is Daffanie Buras, and I puchased a brand new toshiba laptop as well as the extended warranty package about 6 months ago. After owning this product for 5 months it decided to overheat after being plugged in over night to charge. I discovered the problem the next morning when I went to use my computer. The computer itself was hot to the touch and when I went to open it i discovered that the screen was cracked. Much to my dispair I was lucky that my house didn't burn down. I immediately called your customer support center, which by the way was a difficult challenge because the person I initially spoke with could not speak english very well. After about an hour of going back and forth with the "customer service rep" the arrangements were made to ship my computer for the repairs. The next incident occurred about 2 weeks into toshiba having my computer, which has been a huge inconvience to me due to the fact that my computer is used for my job, I received a phone call from Claudia, who by the way needs a lesson in how to speak to customers, stating that the problem couldn't be duplicated and that my computer would no be fixed unless I paid for the repairs???? I asked to speak to her superior, not only did she refuse to let me talk to anyone higher up, but it was basically put to me that I would be stuck with this piece of ### product! Not only am I highly upset that toshiba does not stand by the products that they manufacture, The employees are horrific as well. AS A CONSUMER, I WANT TO THANK YOU FOR ONE OF THE MOST ### EXPERIENCES. I WILL NEVER PURCHASE ANYTHING WITH THE NAME TOSHIBA OR ANYTHING AFFILIATED WITH TOSHIBA. I WILL FILE A FORMAL COMPLAINT ONLINE AND WARN PEOPLE ABOUT WHAT CAN HAPPEN TO THEM PRIOR TO PURCHASING TOSHIBA PRODUCTS.

DAFFANIE BURAS-ONE PISSED-OFF CUSTOMER

• El
    elizabeth1964 Aug 12, 2016

I purchased a laptop for my daughter in june of 2010. I got the extended warranty.. her computer broke we took it back to staples to get it fixed 2 weeks ago, they sent it away and she got a call saying the computer couldn't be fixed so they would sent her out a 400 gift card to replace the computer ... we spent over 800, 00 on the computer... apparantly the extended warranty is no good... I would advise anyone who buys a computer from staples, DO NOT get any warranies from them, they DONOT honor their warranty, it is a tolal waste of money... now she has to go buy a new computer which is more than 400.00.. what a ripoff

Madat Aug 12, 2016

I purchased the Toshiba L505D-GS600 on 7/18/10. On 8/5/10 I was returning it because the piece where the adaptor plugs in broke. I upgraded to the A665 model and was returning it on 8/8/10 because the LCD went out. Against my better judgement, I listened to the store clerk who assured me it was a good computer, and exchanged it for another A665 model. Now on 9/29/10 that computer has crashed. I called Toshiba mad as *** requesting my money back and was told they have to deem it unrepairable before my 700.00 will be refunded. I use my laptop for work and am furious. I will never, ever purchase another Toshiba! It is a piece of crap!!! Don't waste your money!

• Ka
    Kate Aug 12, 2016

Days after the warranty expired my hard drive began alerting me that it was about to die. I replaced the hard drive but my recovery disks did not work. So I purchased new recovery disks from Toshiba. Got alerts that 6 of the drivers didn't work -were "unsigned" or something. One Toshiba rep walked me through downloading new drivers from the support website but still 3 were showing they don't work, including the sound! No sound. When I called back, was told it was beyond the reps skill and she sent me to someone else who wants $160 to fix the problem. The problem is their faulty drivers! Their faulty recovery disk.

• Mu
    Muselulu Aug 12, 2016

Bought a Toshiba 50HP16 plasma TV from Costco for $2500. For that amount of money, I would assume it should have a lifespan of more than three years. The picture blacked out and am left with sound only. I already had service done to it once and had the Y & Z boards replaced for over $300 and that extended the life of it for only 5 extra months.

The warranty is only 1 year from Toshiba. I called Costco's technical support and the only thing they could do was tell me to power cycle and if that didn't work, they connected me to a Toshiba service rep. The Toshiba rep tells me to power cycle as well, but that didn't change the fact that my screen was still black. She then tells me that it may be my cable box that is causing this malfunction and that I should contact my cable company. She then gives me a number to a local TV repair service. I ask her if other customers have reported complaints regarding this TV and she assures me, "oh of course not you are the first one to have problems with this TV." Not only did she waste my time, but also wasted money on a shoddy Toshiba TV. I advise other consumers to think twice before purchasing a Toshiba product!!

• Vi
    VicO91 Aug 12, 2016

I purchased a new Toshiba laptop in June of 2009. In November 2009, it had a mechanical failure in the power connector; it broke off and fell into the body of the unit. It was repaired under warranty then 4 months later failed in exactly the same way. There was no abuse of this laptop, just normal everyday use. Toshiba declined to stand behind their warranty repair, which was either performed incorrectly or using defective materials. A good company would stand behind this, even though the unit is out of warranty. I will never again purchase a Toshiba product as a result.

• Wi
    Wiolmake Aug 12, 2016

In 2007 I purchased a new 32” Toshiba HD TV; Model #32HL67 for $800. Early last year, 2010 I noticed that sometimes when I turned it on I was able to hear the sound but would see no picture. I called Toshiba’s Customer Service and was given a list of TV Repair shop phone numbers. I called Aid Audio & Television Service Corp., Flushing NY. It costs me $326.63 to repair (They repaired it twice because the 1st repair didn’t resolve the problem but neither did the 2nd) It’s now 2011 and I am still having the same problem. I have to turn it on and off about 15 to 20 times before it will show any picture. This is my 2nd Toshiba TV. I have no problem with the other one purchased in 1990s.

i bought a toshiba laptop and the screen died on me just after a year and the warranty has ran out. i call toshiba support department and asked for a price to fix. the person i was talking too could not give me a price. he told me to post the computer to them and when their engineer finds out what is wrong with it they will then give me a price. if then i do not like the price for repairing it, it will cost me £80 for them to return it or they will destroy it for free. what a scam? I will never buy another toshiba computer again because their after sale support service is disgraceful to say the least.

I think this is definitely a LEMON!! AM JUST SAYING WATCHOUT…

• Li
    Lisa J Aug 12, 2016

To whom it may concern,
    l write this on behalf of a friend who recently had a operation, been on crutches for many weeks. My friend went to Bairnsdale Harvey Norman with money to buy a media center laptop, with the specification of s video/
    tv out. The salesman was quite impolite and unhelpful in general, and what he sold her was a laptop without all those options. He also sold her peripherals that where inappropriate or incompatible. It was even a hassle for him to carry it to her car or advise her with setup!!! He either didnt know what he was talking about or he just took advantage of a vulnerable, sick person that had cash. Either scenario is unacceptable, you decide to support Harvey Norman because we as Australians want to support Australian jobs etc; For that we expect at least some respect.

annymous Aug 12, 2016

i purchased a toshiba laptop as well. toshiba replaced it once because out of the box the case was falling apart and nothing seemed to work. they sent me a replacement unit and this one worked ok for 3 weeks then started overheating to well over 200 degrees it burns you to use it for more than 30 minutes. toshiba refuses to replace it insted they want it sent in to be evaluated for 5 months to see if the problem occures again. in the mean time i will be without a laptop and this is unaceccaptable to me. i paid them a premium price 1500.00 for a laptop that is not performing. i want my money back and they refuse to do that as well. so in the mean time i reported them to the states attorneys office and filed a complaint against their company for fradulant business practices. maybe i will get my money back or at least a different computer that is going to work.

• Te
    Terry Sinclair Aug 12, 2016

On December 3, 2006, I purchased a Toshiba Satellite L35-S1054, Model # PSL33U-00R0M, Serial # 96031535W at Wal Mart in Campbellsville, KY as a Christmas gift for my son, who was 14 at the time. The product that I got from Toshiba has not performed to my expectations because I have had to send the laptop to the Toshiba repair center five times since December of 2006. The first four times that I had to send it via UPS to be repaired, the technicians informed me that the back light was out and the SIMM was loose. They fixed it, but it didn’t last long. The last time that I had to send it to them, they said the keyboard needed replacing, and since they “fixed” it, several keys have fallen off. And now, the hard drive has crashed. The warranty has expired. You would think a hard drive would last a lot longer than this one has. I tried to take it back to the Wal Mart where I purchased it, but they refused to refund my money or exchange it for another laptop. And this was within the 90-day return policy they have.

I need your help in resolving my problem. I would be grateful if Toshiba would return my money or exchange the item I purchased for another comparable laptop (not the same one and with a warranty). I will gladly send them the laptop I have now back to them so they can see for themselves how messed up it is. Please contact me at my address or phone numbers listed here: 289 Bernard Farm Road, Russell Springs, KY 42642. Phone #’s home [protected]; cell [protected].

• Pl
    PLASTICA Aug 12, 2016

Automatic Document Feeder engineering defective design. The plastic film adhesive is not permanently holding the film thereby blocking the paper feeding function. The design is not reliable enough to be permanently stick on its surface as the attachment between the plastic film to its holder should be inside part not in the outer part prone to edge to edge contact causing to detached the film. Once paper JAM was sense by the sensor the machine will stop functioning prompting "INSET PAPER TO THE FEEDER" even there was no need to use the ADF -flatbed copying. This cause delay in the office process cycle requiring copies of documents to support recording & filing. This machine model should be halted in the market.

Comments

• Tr
    Trvkell Aug 12, 2016

Rick FInt: Yes just tell us what the issue is, 90% of the time there is a simple fix.

• Po
    Pollitzer Aug 12, 2016

I recently installed a BDX2200KU DVD player. It never worked right - after 10 minutes the device would power off, and the DVD (both blu-ray and regular) would have to nbe started over. I called Toshiba's support number (they used to have a support website). The guy (he never gave his name) told me to power off the unit, unplug it, wait 10 minutes then try it again. While I was waiting the 10 minutes, the guy hung up on me. Since the device didn't work right after the 10 minutes, I called Toshiba back. They gave me the same steps, plus said it probably a bad HDMI cable - I don't think a bad HDMI cable would cause the problem I was having. I called my AV guy, and his first question was, "Why did you buy Toshiba." I didn't buy it, my daughter did. He came out today and installed a Samsung, and the HDMI cable seems to work fine. I had a Toshiba DVD player about 2 years ago (my daughter bought that one too), and I emailed Toshiba about it. They ignored me for about 6 months, when they finally responded, they said the device was (by then) out of warrant, and I would have to for repar. Some now I'd over $200 for the two bad Toshiba DVD players, plus over $100 for the Samsung that was installed today.

• Ri
    Rick FInt Aug 12, 2016

Bought a Satalite laptop less than 30 days ago office depot says it has a software problem and it will cost 399.00 to repair this because i did not buy their GEEK Warrenty package and they was not the first to turn it on and check it. If that is the case then it kinda makes me think this whole Tosibia/ office depot thing is just ONE BIG SCAM, AND THE SHOULD BE HELD ACCOUNTABLE FOR THIS JUNK Keep in mind this unit is less than 30 days old neither Toshibia nor Office Depot whants to accecpt responsibility for anything other than to sell you another warranty.

• Di
    DisappointedCollegeGirl Aug 12, 2016

The computer that I purchased from Toshiba on 8/9/11 for college began to malfunction at the end of September. I sent the computer to the Toshiba Repair Depot with the notice that the computer was not booting up. I also noted that there were display issues that presented themselves as discolored pixels and warped colors on the screen. After receiving the computer from the repair depot, it presented the same issues within a week. Upon contacting customer service, I was told that I could either send the computer in for repairs a second time, or I could file a complaint against the Repair Depot.

I chose the latter. And upon speaking to a case manager, I found that receiving a new computer was not an option nor was a full refund, even though I have a standard one year limited warranty. The case manager, Chad, refused to let me discuss my case with a supervisor, stating that it was against company policy. He would not discuss further options to rectify the situation. My only option was to send the same faulty computer in for a second time or to pay for out of pocket repairs by an authorized dealer. I have sent my computer out for repairs again, with the depot having sent me an email that it was received and being worked on as of 11/07/11. I have had no further communication with Toshiba since, even though I have emailed them regarding the status of my repair.