TNT Netherlands / Delayed service

1 Netherlands Review updated:

I am expecting a package from US via USPS. It arrived to the Netherlands May 09, 2008, 10:35 am.
The Customs Service of the Netherlands called TNT to pick the package and deliver to the customer (me) on 15th May.
Today is 27th May. The package is still in the Customs Service. I am leaving the country two days later, returning my country. I called TNT, they have not showed any sign of being prompt, instead told me that I have to wait more.
The package will return to US. There are a lot of shipment cost, customs tariff, and most importantly time wasting.

Does TNT Netherlands work good? I dont think so.

Comments

• Tn
      28th of May, 2008

Just the follow-up of previous incident:

Same day with my complaint, TNT send a mail stating that they will take care of everyting in a few hours.

It did not happen. Indeed, one day later, I got another mail from another guy from TNT, advicing me to talk with their customers service if I have a problem!!

For what? To entertain myself? They already knew what was problem, from my previous mail and the tracking number I supplied. All they had to do was, picking my package from the customs service, and bring me!

Then, I understand that TNT is not in cargo business, they just like to talk!

I am forwarding this funny email:

Dear mr TNT-Netherlands's Victim, (I changed it with my name, my nick desribes better)

You have a question about a parcel sent from abroad. I'm sorry to hear that your parcel isn't arrived yet. I will advice you what can be done.
    The sender can start an investigation, by fill in an inquiry form. That form can be collected at the local post office.
    I apologize for causing any inconvenience. Should you wish to reply or if you have any questions regarding our products or services, please visit our website anytime at: http://klantenservice-voorthuis.tntpost.nl/selfservice/
    With kind regards.
    TNTGuyWhoLikesFun (I also changed his name, with a nick which describes the best)
    Namens TNT Post Klantenservice

• Tn
      31st of May, 2008

And the final follow-up:

Thanks to persistent efforts of TNT Customer Service Department, I could be able to get my package in the last minute at the airport when I was leaving the Netherlands.

So, TNT did a good job and made the things up finally.

So, I should be enough to admit that TNT tried and succeeded to correct the situation caused by itself.

Cool.