TNT / terrible service!

1 United Kingdom Review updated:

'TNT'You have been sent a link to view a [redacted] posted on TNT Shipping Sony Vaio Laptop, 2.0 GHz Core 2 Duo, 2 GB Ram, Mint Condition - $520 Wolverhampton.
Hello. I was stupid enough to fall for the same deal. Only it was a tv. A Panasonic 50' Plasma TV for $500... A woman by the name of Michelle Scott soft soaped me. But it at the same address and thr so called TNT agents name is Jonathan Williams. 214 Bowery St., Wolverhampton.S22 ITF ,UK. I am not in good health and I have to say this has really set me back. I have tried numerous times to contact TNT. to no avail. I did however send a certified check instead of Western Union the way they wanted, and I sent it registered mail. I hope that might be some help. The sad part is I felt it was wrong from the start. I hope someone can help us. I am on a VERY limited income. Thanks to anyone who reads this.

Va

Comments

• Su
      27th of Jan, 2008

I found a similar scam:

You emailed me about my iBook from craigslist. I've replied to your email but I don't know if you have received my email. My outlook express is acting crazy, I am so sorry about this. Anyway, here I go again. Below is the email I sent you. My email address is seckelman@live.com

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop is a US model, and it comes with warranty.
    I have attached some pics with the laptop to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.
    Since I can't meet you and make the exchange, I would like to use a service that will help us with that:

www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot/third_party_service.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the laptop before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

30th of Jan, 2008

Thats unbelievable, I was looking for a laptop and found one on Craigslist (Houston) and its the SAME exact scam. I am playing them along right now seeing what information I can get on them.

I sure would like to put my hands on this scammer.....

• Iv
      7th of Feb, 2008

i have the exact same scammer to!!!! LOOK AT THIS!

You emailed me about my Philips Plasma TV from craigslist. I've replied to your email but I don't know if you have received my email. My outlook express is acting crazy, I am so sorry about this. Anyway, here I go again. Below is the email I sent you. My email address is Carlsen-Susan@hotmail.com

Hello

I still have the TV. The TV was made to be used in USA and it comes with 18 months of warranty.
    I have attached some pics with the TV to this e-mail. I am now in Wolverhampton, United Kingdom.

i cant believe i was going to fall for this

thank you so much for opening my eyes

• Mi
      3rd of Apr, 2008

Boy you guys almost got this word for word, I was not taken and thanks to your comments will not be. I just recieved this e-mail. Frankly he must have sent me the wrong site as I checked it out and it did handle shipping but not money. Can't say I would send money to anywhere first, I was taken in in 1999 for $500 by a scammer in nyc while I was deployed to the Persian Gulf. Now I can't trust the UK or NY city.

I still have the Apple iBook G4 1.42GHz and my last price is $370.
    My name is Bryan Starrett and from some reasons I'v had to move in London, United Kingdom with my job.
    At this new company where I work now they have gived me a new iBook and now I have to sell this one because I don't need it anymore
    All original accessories, software and manuals...nothing missing. Only 2 months .It really is in brand new condition. Not a mark on it.

We can close a deal asap.

Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive the iBook in less than 2-3 days, if you move fast as
    well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of the
    iBook .I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the iBook only after you will receive it and through this way you will see it and test it

Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can
    complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the company where the procedure is explained:

Like I said, I will pay for a 2-3 days delivery so you will receive the iBook right away.

• J
      7th of Apr, 2008

Mike R I received the exact email as you did. I was looking into buying an Apple iBook G4 on craigslist check link here:

and I got an email back the next day that said this:

Best regards

It's the exact same email you received. Possible buyers beware.

• Ca
      8th of Apr, 2008

i'm right there with you all. i have been talking to this guy about this apple ibook. it all seemed good to me but too good to be true. apperently i was right. i have not gone through with this deal but after googling this "Bryan Starett" i found all this and realized it was a huge scam. i found the same deal on the colorado springs craig's list.

Best regards

EVERYONE LOOK OUT FOR ADS LIKE THIS!!!

8th of Apr, 2008

lol Funny thing is these guys use different names with different locations each month. I hope this becomes a federal case because this seem to be a on going thing for some time now. I've heard stories from different cases and wanted to find out what all the noise was about. So I went searching for this add and before you know it there it was in January, late Feb, and again in early April. Seems like these guys have come across plenty of money to be brave enough to continue this on. Over the weekend I got the same email talking about the same TNT service from a little college town in Wolverhampton, UK. The first sign people should observe that this is not real the whole idea of how TNT works is that the seller sends it to TNT then it is ship to the nearest TNT location that the buyer lives. You go in inspect and if all is good you pay the TNT rep just like you would in the UPS Store, they accept credit cards, debit, and checks with your ID. So sending a money order to the seller was a gift wrap present. The second mistake was the tracking number on TNT website they show an example of what the tracking number looks like and these guys numbers don't even come close. This is just some virgin hackers making a another weak website there playground. TNT needs to secure there site better and buyers need to do there research before any online purchase.

• To
      9th of May, 2008

I came close to falling for this scam also. The details of my story are that the item was a Philips 42" plasma tv, complete with photos including one of the box showing the model and serial number, for $400. The "seller" was named Susan Blendell and the "TNT agent" was Matthew havens. Other than that, EVERYTHING about my case is virtually IDENTICAL to what others have said, including the wording of the emails. For example:

"I still have the TV. The TV was set up for the US and it comes with 18 months of warranty.

www.tnt.com/tnt.express.wolverhampton.depot/third_party_service.html

TNT is a worldwide delivery company (like Fedex, DHL or UPS). You can see from their procedure that you will be able to check the TV before I receive the payment. If you are in a hurry, I will use 2 day delivery (shipping is on me).

Let me know what you think."

Sound familiar? Even the address of where to send the money is identical (214 Bowery Street Wolverhampton S22 1TF United Kingdom). Fortunately, before sending any money, I found sites like this one confirming the scam I suspected. But, like many others, I visited the TNT website, and googled TNT and everything SEEMED legit. The clincher, pretty much, was when I got two emails just a couple of hours a part. The first was from "Susan" saying she had dropped the tv off at TNT and their technical department would inspect the item. This seemed suspicious. And this was just a couple of hours after we agreed to the terms. The second email was from TNT saying they had inspected the item and had found it to be in excellent condition (not even any cosmetic issues). That quick?? They received it and inspected it ALREADY??? Something is wrong here. That is when I went digging deeper.

Hopefully no one else falls for this scam as I nearly did.

• Ki
      22nd of May, 2008

Same thing just happened to me Brandon Toledo used TNT for $330 her name was Jenny and I thought I was buying a Playstation for my son's birthday and now I have no money for his gift!!

• Ro
      8th of Jun, 2008

Same scam here, camera offered on craigslist Miami. Smelled fishy from the beginning. Hope they catch the scammers

Hello
    I still have the camera.
    I have it for 3 weeks and still have 11 months of transferable warranty. In the box are all the papers and accesories that you need, Canon XL-2 with 20x Fluorite Lens, Canon 3x wide angle lens with lens cap and bag, Porta Brace Carrying Case, 3 batteries, 2 chargers with cigarette adaptor, Original manual, Canon Wireless controller, Porta brace white balance card.
    My name is Meg Logan and I am now in Swansea, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
    Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us to make sure we receive what we are after.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.

The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the camera. With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the camera after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.
    Like I said, I will pay for a 3 days delivery so you will receive the camera right away. Here is my telephone number: +44 0121 288 6497 ask for Meg.

12th of Jun, 2008

### these people. they can suck my dick.. Kathy.. I Hope you ###ing catch something gross between your legs ###...

This is what i got...

I still have the iMac .
    > I bought the iMac 3 months ago and it still has 9 months of
    > transferable warranty remaining.
    > My name is Kathy Collins and I am now in London, United Kingdom.
    > I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right
    > away.
    > Obviously we need a safe way to complete this deal that will allow us
    > to make sure we receive what we are after.I have found a way for us to
    > complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.
    > The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is
    > similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in
    > hadling the payment and delivery of the iMac .
    > With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the iMac
    > after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.
    > Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the
    > iMac right away.
    > Let me know what you think.
    > Best Regards,
    > Kathy

15th of Jun, 2008

I had the same experience so many others have described above... this was for an apartment in NYC though. if it weren't for me finding this site i would have been out $2000, so thanks a lot! yeah, these people suck and i'm just pissed i was so strung along for so long. i guess if a deal seems too good to be true it more than likely is... here is the orignal message...

Andrea,
    No problem... tomorrow morning i will send you the keys ...I will email you as soon as i get back home.. You will have to deposit to TNT Service the first month of rent(US $1, 850.00), so they can proceed with the shipping, and you can receive the keys and the contract. I've already talked about what I need for to sign the contract and I have everything ready.
    Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the Keys and the contract signed by me right away. I will explain to you step by step how this will work.
    1 - I will go to the TNT Office here in the UK and leave the Keys and the contract in your name as the intended receiver.
    2- TNT will check the envelope to see if everything it's OK with it and also the legal papers that will come along with the Keys.
    3 - TNT will send you a delivery notification to let you know they have the Keys and the papers in their custody, in which you will be told that they have the Keys and that they've checked it. TNT will give you further instructions about first month deposit!
    4 - After you receive the package, you will go and check the apt and in 2 days you must contact them and tell them if you keep the apt or not. If all is in order, you will instruct TNT to give me the money for the first month. Further rents will be sent directly to my bank account. If you don `t like the apt they will give you a full refund and you will give them back the keys and the contract.
    I will pay the TNT Service for the shipping.
    So... hope everything is clear .. :)
    Please get back to me soon
    Good luck,
    Angela :)

i hope this helps someone out there!

• He
      18th of Jun, 2008

I fell in the same trap (Ibook 14"wth 1Gig Ram), now I am trying to catch them so if you could find there IP adresses and post them here (I already have several)

Thanks for oyur help.

18th of Jun, 2008

I too got hit by them too:
    TNT

Description of goods: 1 x Apple iBook G4 Computer
    Sender of package ( Seller ): Susan Moller

Country: USA
    Premier packet
    Delivery Type: TNT Express 2nd Day Delivery - After the Payment is received and verified by TNT
    Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $300.00
    Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - Ryan Clements

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - Ryan Clements using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

Important Note: The Payment must be made at one of Western Union's Agent Locations, in person by the Buyer. The payment must not be made using Western Union's Send Money Online Service due to the high Credit Card fraud risk. We will not confirm any payments made online.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - Ryan Clements.

In order to complete the Money Transfer using the Money in Minutes Service you will need the Payment Details of our TNT Agent:

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: Ryan
    Last Name: Clements
    Address: 214 Bowery Street
    City: Wolverhampton
    Zip(City Code): S22 1TF
    Country: United Kingdom
    In order to confirm your Payment we require a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt at: TNT On-Line Payment Service Once we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt we must validate the Western Union Money Transfer and then collect it. This process may take up to 12 hours depending on the time we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt.

Important Note! Please read: we cannot collect the Western Union Money Transfer without a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt after you complete the Payment.
    Please read our TNT Payment Privacy Policy to learn our payment release and payment refund conditions.

1.The Payment will be sent to the Seller by TNT only after you receive the package, check the merchandise and if you are completely satisfied with it. Only then you will instruct us to release the Payment to the Seller.
    2.TNT acts as a third party holding at the same time the merchandise and the Payment.
    3. After the merchandise is received by the Buyer, the Buyer will have up to 21 days depending on the nature of the merchandise to review the merchandise.
    For transaction No. 920094832 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
    a) If the Buyer decides to keep the merchandise the Buyer will instruct TNT to release the funds to the Seller.
    b) If for any reason the Buyer does not want to keep the merchandise, the Buyer will ask TNT for a refund.
    The refund procedure is very simple, the Buyer will receive the money from TNT through Bank to Bank Wire Transfer, or by Check or by Western Union Money Transfer.
    The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

TNT Logo

Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

General Manager: Ryan Kay
    Email: TNT On-Line Customer Service

Intellectual and other property rights to the information contained in this site are held by TNT Holding B.V. with all rights reserved © 2008

• Le
      7th of Jul, 2008

Same thing happened to me, and I'd been sketched out by it the whole time. I just kept thinking "I must be MISUNDERSTANDING him, because this doesn't make logical sense!" and finally I just googled the service and found this page! My incident was with a DC area apartment listing... I sent back an email saying that I knew it was a scam and email blocked him :)

9th of Jul, 2008

This is the exact email I just got right now before I searched this "TNT delivery company" and found this site luckily. They're selling this computer for $500, I knew it was too good to be true:

Hello

I still have the computer.

Motherboard
    Gigabyte GA-M57SLI-S4 AM2 NVIDIA nForce 570 – A decent Board. SLI Capable. Overclock friendly. A good board for this rig. (Includes the SLI Bridge in case you want to go SLI in the future.)

Graphics Card
    NVIDIA 8800GT 512MB (Manufacturer: Leadtek) – One of the Best cards on the market right now! Any decent gamer would know enough about this card. I shouldn’t have to list the specs here.

Ram
    4x Samsung 1GB DDR2 800 PC2 6400 Dual Channel (Total 4GB)– It’s not the greatest type of RAM out there, but it’s more than sufficient.

Processor
    AMD Athlon 64 x2 6400+ Black Edition (3.2Ghz) Dual Core

Hard Drives
    2x Western Digital 250GB 7200RPM (500GB Total) In RAID 0 Striped configuration. – For the uninitiated, it means that both hard drives act as one. This way, load times are theoretically cut in half.

Cooling System
    Swiftech Liquid Cooling System: Liquid Radiator with 1x 120mm fan and radbox, Plastic Tubing, 12v pump – I have it rigged to hook up to the processor only right now. More components can be added for DIMM, GPU, or Southbridge etc… NOTE – I will drain the liquid from this system before shipping. Though the rig can run regular distilled water alone, you will –definitely- need to purchase the antifungal / anticorrosive additive (couple of bucks) before using it regularly. I’d also recommend tightening the fittings – just for safety.

Operating System
    Microsoft Windows Vista Home Premium. x64 (Genuine Retail version – Clean Install) - I will include an install disk and the product key. NOTE – this is a 64 bit system. I will leave everything intact on the hard drive. You may reformat if you wish. The product key is good for a 64 bit edition only (Clean install).

Case
    Some cheap-### no-name case – It’s black, and everything fits, though it’s a bit snug. – I used to have an old HP computer that had some memory card readers and USB ports. I made it fit into this case’s expansion slot, so the plastic border piece for the component was sheared to fit.

Monitor #1
    HP Monitor – HP w2207 – Damn good monitor. 1680x1050 22” widescreen flat LCD; 1000:1 contrast ratio. A quick Google search will give more details, but the Monitor is very highly rated. NOTE – The monitor’s casing has a few small scratches on it, but the viewing portion is completely as-new.

Monitor #2
    Westinghouse – 1680x1050 22” Widescreen LCD; 700:1 Contrast ratio. I use this as my internet, media player, or add-on monitor. The picture quality is good, but sitting side-by-side with the HP monitor, difference is noticeable. It has a lower contrast ratio, so the colors aren’t as vibrant as the other monitor.

Keyboard & Mouse
    Microsoft Wireless Entertainment Keyboard 7000 (Bluetooth) – Google it. It’s an amazing keyboard with too many features to list here – but I do want to mention that it has a built-in mousepad in the corner! Only problem is, It doesn’t have a built-in numberpad. Comes with Microsoft Wireless Laser Mouse 8000 (& Charger) The screw that holds the keyboard’s battery cover on is messed up. Everything works 100%, and you can’t even tell unless you’re changing the batteries.

Sound System
    Logitech 5.1 X-540 – 70 Watts Surround sound system. – It’s a box of rocks that won’t blow a woman’s clothes off, but it’s enough to shake a small room. No docking ports for an iPod or anything, though.

External HDD
    300 GB 7200 RPM Samsung HDD in a BoomTech case. – It does the job
    My name is Sarah Barker and I am now in Manchester, United Kingdom.
    I hope you are still interested and we can make the deal happen right away.
    I have found a way for us to complete the deal fast (3 days) and easy.
    The solution is a worldwide delivery company called TNT. TNT is similar to Fedex, DHL or UPS and they will provide assistance in hadling the payment and delivery of the computer.
    With this procedure I will only receive the payment for the computer after you will receive it and see that it is just like I said it is.

Like I said, I will pay for a 2 days delivery so you will receive the computer right away.

Best Regards,

• St
      9th of Jul, 2008

I also saw listing on craigslist. iMac for $500 sarabarkers@hotmail.com was the email. I did not buy in but using as lesson for my daughter.

Moral of story "If it seems too good to be true, it most likelys is!"

Below copy of email... like everybody said...same wording.

Bellow are payment and delivery details:
    A. First you send me your shipping information ( name and address).
    1. After i receive the shipping info, i'll go to a TNT Location and leave the product into your name and with your address as the intended receiver.
    2. TNT will check the product, also the legal papers to see that everything is OK with it.
    B. You will receive a notification from TNT as a confirmation that the product is in their custody .
    1. After that, you will have to make a money transfer via Western Union on an TNT agent name and send the payment information to TNT.
    2. TNT will verify the Money Transfer, and if everything is in order, they will deliver the product to your door step.
    3. After you will receive the product and you will be completely satisfied
    with it, you will instruct TNT to release the payment to me, so i can collect the money.
    The shipping taxes are allready included in the prices, so u will have not to pay any extra charges!

• He
      25th of Jul, 2008

I fell for it also. iBook G4 $300.00
    But 48 hours too late, I fear. Had to go to Western Union. What revolting people these are. Just be glad you aren't like them.

• Vr
      30th of Jul, 2008

I got ripped off the same way. Here are some of the e-mails. Hope no one else gets taken.

Hello

I still have the laptop. The laptop was set up for the US.

Another in the series:
    Hi

The listing is gone.
    I am selling this laptop:

1.42 GHz PowerPC G4 processor; 512K level 2 cache
    ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 with 32MB of video memory
    Built-in 10/100BASE-T Ethernet and
    56K modem
    Built-in Airport Extreme wireless networking (802.11g) and
    Bluetooth 2.0 + EDR (Enhanced Data Rate)
    Firewire 400 port
    Two high speed USB 2.0 ports
    VGA video output; S-Video and composite video output
    Lithium-ion battery for up to 6 hours of running time
    iSight camera included
    comes with everything it came with it + iSight
    Bought new in April 2007

for $310.
    Did you read TNT's procedure on their website? It is explained there how their service works. Let me know after you read their procedure so I can be certain that we are on the same page:

After I was hooked:
    Hi

I went to TNT today. The guys from TNT told me that they will send the laptop to their technical department for inspection and then they will notify you. They will also notify you with the instructions you need to complete your end of the deal. Please complete your end as soon as you can and keep me posted.

Best

After I sent payment:
    TNT Customer Department
    to me

show details Jul 11

Please quote this Number
    if you have an enquiry.

Important TNT Payment Instructions/Shipment Details
    Please read the Instructions carefully.
    Click here to track your package: Tracking
    Dear TNT Customer,

We have your package in our custody.

Description of goods: 1 x Apple iBook G4 Computer
    Sender of package ( Seller ): Susan Wuliger

Premier packet
    Amount to be paid by the Buyer: USD $310.00
    Payment Instructions - Receiver of the Payment - Carol Rabson

The payment must be made through Western Union Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is in charge with this transaction - Carol Rabson using the Money in Minutes Service from Western Union.

You must go to a Western Union Agent Location and make a Money Transfer to the Name of the TNT Agent who is responsible with this transaction - Carol Rabson.

Please make your Money Transfer payable to:

First Name: Carol
    Last Name: Rabson
    Address: 214 Bowery Street
    City: Wolverhampton
    Zip(City Code): S22 1TF
    Country: United Kingdom
    In order to confirm your Payment we require a scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt. Please send us the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt at: email TNTpaymentdepartment@shipeutnt.com Once we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt we must validate the Western Union Money Transfer and then collect it. This process may take up to 12 hours depending on the time we will receive the scanned copy of the Western Union Receipt.

For transaction No. 957023975 the inspection time is 5 ( five ) business days.
    The refund method is at the Buyer's choice.

Nicole Card - TNT Customer Department

to me

show details Jul 11

Date Friday, July 11, 2008

TNT Express Package Confirmation and Payment Request Form

TNTTNT reduces risks associated with Internet transactions by acting as a licensed, trusted, neutral third party for online transactions. The Seller leaves the merchandise into TNT custody. The merchandise will remain in TNT custody until the Buyer provides the Payment Information to TNT. The Payment must be made through a Money Order Service. After the funds are received by TNT, the merchandise will be sent to the Buyer. Once the Buyer receives the merchandise, the Payment will be released to the Seller only if the Buyer is satisfied with the merchandise. If the Buyer will not be satisfied with the merchandise, TNT will send the merchandise back to the Seller and the Buyer will be refunded by TNT.

Sender of the Package

Zip(City Code)
    S31 3GT
    Country

United Kingdom

TNTThis package was processed on a TNT OnLine compatible shipping system. For TNT support please contact us:

email TNTcustomerdepartment@shipeutnt.com

Description of goods

Quantity: 1

Apple iBook G4 Computer

Additional Details:

Specifications:

Processor and memory

1.42GHz PowerPC G4 processor with Velocity Engine and 512K on-chip level 2 cache
    133MHz or 142MHz system bus
    1024 MB of PC2700 (333MHz) DDR SDRAM with support for up to 1.5GB

Storage

120GB Ultra ATA hard disk drive
    8x SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW); writes DVD±R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD±RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed
    Support for external FireWire and USB storage devices

Display

14.1-inch (diagonal) TFT XGA active-matrix display
    Support for millions of colors at 1024 x 768 pixel resolution
    Support for resolution scaling to 800 x 600 pixel and 640 x 480 pixel resolution with millions of colors

Graphics support

ATI Mobility Radeon 9550 graphics processor with 32MB of dedicated video memory and AGP 4X support

Communications

Audio

16-bit stereo headphone jack
    Built-in stereo speakers
    Built-in omnidirectional microphone
    Support for external USB audio devices such as microphones and speakers

Video

VGA video output for video mirroring on an external display or projector (24-bit color) with included Apple VGA Display Adapter.
    S-video and composite video output to TV or projector

Battery

61-watt-hour lithium-ion battery in good working condition (tested)
    Integrated charge indicator LEDs on battery

Keyboard and trackpad

Built-in full-size keyboard with 77 (U.S.) keys, including 12 function keys, 4 arrow keys (inverted "T" arrangement) and embedded numeric keypad
    Solid-state trackpad; supports tap, double-tap, drag and scrolling capabilities

Electrical and environmental

Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
    Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
    Frequency: 50 to 60 Hz

Size and weight

Height: 1.35 inches (3.42 cm)
    Width: 12.7 inches (32.3 cm)
    Depth: 10.2 inches (25.9 cm)
    Weight: 5.9 pounds (2.7 kg)

Supplied Software

Adobe Creative Suite 2
    Macromedia Studio 8
    Dreamweaver, Freehand, Flash, Fireworks
    Norton Antivirus 6.0
    Service and Warranty Information: Warranty Available until April 01, 2008 (as written on the Warranty Papers)

Supplied Accessories:

iBook's Original packaging
    Laptop bag
    External USB mouse
    AC plug and US extension cable
    AC cord
    Manuals
    Legal papers
    Warranty papers
    iSight and original packaging
    Slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±RW/CD-RW); writes DVD±R discs at up to 8x speed, writes DVD±RW discs at up to 4x speed, reads DVDs at up to 8x speed, writes CD-R discs at up to 24x speed, writes CD-RW discs at up to 16x speed, reads CDs at up to 24x speed

Verification Results:

The laptop - Apple iBook G4 Computer has been verified by our Technical Team.
    The specifications found by our Technical Team are the same with the specifications of the laptop from the Legal and Warranty Papers which were deposited in our custody at the same time with the Laptop by the Seller.
    Working problems found: none (a series of tests has been performed to all the laptop's hardware);
    Cosmetic problems found: none (we have inspected the laptop for everything from minor scratches to signs of intensive use).

TNTThrough this email we have the pleasure to inform you that the merchandise has been left in our custody. The shipping fee has been paid by the Seller. Please follow the Payment Instructions from our "TNT Transaction Details - Payment Instructions" Notification you will receive shortly from us.

email TNTpaymentdepartment@shipeutnt.com

City/State
    Zip(City Code)
    Country

United Kingdom

TNTWe have found that providing email and Internet support allows us to give quick, reliable, and consistent answers to questions and concerns. Using email also allows us to document what was communicated in previous emails to you and to avoid duplication of responses. Phone support simply does not serve our members needs as well as email does.

Contact us with any questions 24/7: email TNTcustomerdepartment@shipeutnt.com

TNT Logo

IMPORTANT! The package has been verified by TNT. The package is now in the TNT carrier custody. We will be able to deliver the package after the Payment is verified and collected. Please allow us up to 24 hours to verify the Payment Information.

• Da
      1st of Aug, 2008

I am so thankful that everyone posted these comments on this website. I hope that one extra post may help somebody else like reading these posts helped me. I was apartment hunting in Minneapolis and came across a deal that seemed too good to be true. After receiving a couple of e-mails in semi-broken english, describing what a steal it was and how his/her job had moved to the UK and that is why this apartment had become available, blah blah. Anyhow, sound familiar anyone?
    FIRST EMAIL:
    Thank you for your interest. I have available the apartment . Because I moved with my
    job in United Kingdom, London, i need money to pay the rent here which is
    very expensive and that is the reason i want to rent the apt at this low
    price and to find a good person for it. I can rent you the apt for
    maximum 5 years this is the perioud i have contract here but i can rent it for
    a low period too. I`m the owner of the apt and it's exactly like in
    the PICS. The rent for 1 month is $1100 including all utilities
    (water, electricity, Internet, cable, parking, air conditioning, fireplace,
    dishwasher, garbage disposal, microwave, refrigerator). You can move
    in the apt in the same day when you receive the keys. The only problem is
    that I`m the only person who has the keys but I hope that we will find
    a compromise.
    Thank you for your interest and wait news from you.

SECOND EMAIL:
    Hello,
    Thank you for your reply. Like I have inform you before, the price
    you shall pay for one month of rent will be $1100 US, with no extra
    taxes to pay. The money I want to receive it monthly to my bank account, I
    hope will be no problem for you to wire the money to my bank account.
    The apartment is ready for you, you will need only to receive the keys and
    the contract to check it, and see if you like it.
    Obviously we need a way to complete this deal that will allow us to
    make sure we receive what we are after. I have found a way for us to
    complete the deal safely and fast, and in this way you will receive
    the Keys in less than 2 days, if you move fast as
    well. The solution is provided by a company called TNT which is similar
    to FedEx, DHL or UPS, which will handle the payment and delivery of
    the Keys.
    I have found a procedure that will allow you to pay for the rent of the
    apt only after you will receive the keys it and through this way you
    will see it and decide if you will stay in the apt or not before I
    receive my payment.
    Please click on the link bellow to the TNT website to see how we can
    complete the deal safely and fast directly from the website of the
    company where the procedure is explained:
    Let me know if you are interested please because I really need to take
    care of this matter by the end of the next week
    Best Regards

sick ###s is all I can say. These people can rot in hell.