Tlg Great Fun / scam!

1 CT, United States Review updated:

Checked my cc statement and saw a charge for 12.99 from this company. When I called they said I had signed up for this service through Orbitz. However, I can't recall signing up for anything through this company. They said my money would be refunded.

Shady people and a shady business.

Comments

• Bo
      27th of Mar, 2008

After checking my statement tonight, found $11.99 charge from MERCHANT PURCHASE TLG*GREATFN. I called my bank and was given the phone number for TLG (800-242-7771). After repeatedly saying "Cancel my account", I was finally given a canellation number and told to expect a refund in the next 1-2 billing cycles.

The agent told me this account was created after making a purchase from ShoeBuy.com. It seems they have a little checkbox on checkout asking if you want more deals and offers. The box is checked by default, so you'll be charged no matter what!

17th of Nov, 2008

i've been getting charged $9 month for 3 years!!! it was called reservation rewards and i thought i was paying a fee for hotel bookings overseas, which i do all the time online.
    come to find out it was a $20 rebate from Etronics online electronics store...and that traced back to reservation rewards to greatfunsite.com.
    total scam!!! fortunately, united mileage plus chase card had the answer and cancelled and refunded me over $300.