TiVo / Depeptive billing practices

1 WI, United States Review updated:

Purchased an upgrade to the HD Series 3 unit. Actually was defective and failed within a couple weeks. Was told had to pay for shipping of replacement unit and had to pay in advance for the replacement (which really is NOT supportive on how the warranty is covered). When I got the new unit, I was convinced to accept the 90 day grace period to remove all the content from the box and sell or give to someone - not fully disclosing that it starts billing again...!! Then, they won't credit back up to those months it started, and additionaly, state they have a 90 day credit back billing dispute Policy. Unbelieveable..!! Obviously, for someone to have a 90 day policy on billing disputes, really must mean that theyhave major billing issues...!! And we're only talking about a differnce of about $80-90.

I'm just dumping TIVO totally and going with the cable DVR. The menuing on TIVO is consistently incorrect, too...

BUYER BEWARE of TIVO...!!!

Comments

• Vi
      18th of Dec, 2010

You got that right. Tivo only cares about the device, not the customer - which is why they tie the contract to the physical unit. Mine died after 30 days and they kept charging me until I found a replacement because the unit was "under contract". they wouldnt waive the fees despite my begging them to. Once this contract is up Im DONE with them. Ive been a customer since 2003, but to them it that is irrelevent. Its all about the age of the unit - in my case 30 days old and under a new contract. Im turning as many people AWAY from Tivo as I can possibly find. Bunch of crooks.