Tires Plus / charge for services not rendered

1 West KennedyTampa, FL, United States Review updated:

I took my SUV to this location to have 4 new tires put on. I paid to have all four wheels balanced and a alighment. When I headed out to the expressway I noticed that the front wheels were shaking and this persisted. When I called I was assured that the wheels had been balanced and front end aligned and that the skaking had nothing to do with this. I took it back and they kept the car for a full day. They re balanced the tires. I left and the same condition existed. I took the vehical into the dealership where I had originally purchased the SUV and they examined the vehical. The first thing they pointed out the no one had balanced the tires as the weights were more than two years or older. The dealership did a new balance and the problem was fixed. I contacted Tires Plus and the instantly offered to refund my balance expense at the dealership. As I have come to find out that this is standard operating procedure at Tires Plus that they bill you for services that are not performed. Shame on them and I hope by reading this that shop elswhere.

Tires Plus

Comments

• 95
      8th of Mar, 2013

This is common within Tires Plus. The tire techs are pushed very hard by managers to do a job very quickly and this kind of management often results in unbalanced or misbalanced tires or worse. In a high pressure ultra fast paced environment it is easy for this to occur. Do know that an alignment will not cause a shimmy, but unbalanced tires certainly will. They did the right thing in taking care of your dealer bill. Good luck in the future!