Time Warner Roadrunner / criminal router hijacking!
I work for a home security company that has broadband security systems. Many people buy routers so that they can use multiple computers on one high speed internet connection. This is a necessity for our broadband system, as we don't have a built in router and passthrough port in our system. The problem is that i have run into several cases where the software that comes with the time/warner cable does something HIGHLY MALICIOUS. It detects to see if there is a "local network", looking for other computers on the network. Then, if it does detect them, it uses Universal Plug and Play to create some kind of routing table where the PC running the software gets a live internet address, and everyone else inside gets a local DHCP address. It completely kills the NAT. So, no other computers will work behind the router.
Now, why in the hell should a customer pay an additional $30 a month to use their home security system on their high speed internet? That's what they're doing. I've looked all over google and I can't find a single person who has identified this. Either it's too new, or no one has been smart enough to catch them at their game.
I think its criminal. They bought a router. Then Time Warner's software completely destroys the purpose of that router.
Kind of steaming on this.
More Time Warner Roadrunner Complaints & Reviews
- Time Warner Cable Pay Express - online payment is a rip-off! 
- Time Warner Cable - picture loss, poor quality 
- Time Warner Cable - false promotion 
- Time Warner Cable - price lock guarantee and $100 cash back 
- Time Warner Cable - $100 gift cards 
- Time Warner Cable - my bill is too high and keeps going up!!!
- Time Warner Cable - internet speed
- Time Warner Cable - bill increase
- Time Warner Cable - billing
- Time Warner Cable - internet