Time Warner Cable Kansas City / hostage - robbery

Overland Park, KS, United States Review updated:
Where to start - they say they are "competitively priced" HOWEVER when they give kickbacks to an aparment complex (that they deny) they do NOT have to be competitive! A customer has NO CHOICE in cable service and they do this: YOU can have our service at a discount IF you sign a 15 month contract (WHEN THEY KNOW leases are 12 months!) HEY and IF you choose to cancel your service after 12 months - GUESS WHAT? YOU ARE CHARGED A BIG TERMINATION FEE and have to pay for the concessions you had been given!!! They say HEY that doesn't work for you? YOU can have our service at a month to month service HOWEVER you WILL be charged full price which is twice as much as you were charged at your last cable company (cable with internet) who you would LOVE to continue with HOWEVER your apartment complex REFUSES to allow competition in to there complex (REMEMBER THEY ARE GETTING KICKBACKS -BUT TIME WARNER SAYS THEY ARE NOT PAYING IT!!!). BUT HEY wait you can sign a contract for JUST 10 months AND if you choose to continue from there YOU WILL PAY FULL PRICE! REMEMBER thats twice as much?? So someone PLEASE tell me where are they competitive???

Comments

Kc
  10th of Sep, 2010
Wait until your service is interupted or doesnt meet what the terms of service is and you prove it to them and they refuse to credit you or fix it. I was at the end of the service line and so I had the worse reception (cable TV) and proved I was not getting the bandwidth (Cable Internet)they guaranteed (3MB/s downstream and at least 384KB/s upstream). I proved to them my downstream speed was 1.2MB/s and 55KB/s upstream. Their response was for me to purchase a line amplifier (which they charged me $50 for) and then to tell me I had the option of cancelling their service after the 3rd tech came out and ran all new cable throughout my house, replaced the line on the pole (I was told all three times it was full of water or something like that). And so I finally took them up on th eoffer to cancel which led to my first post about the idiot/dirtbag who let me dogs out of my yard. Quality of service and customer retention is not important to them apparently; probably because they have all these contracts with apartment complexes, etc.

Time Warner Cable Logo Time Warner Cable