Time Warner Cable / harassing advertising phone calls!

1 Binghamton OfficedBinghamton, NY, United States Review updated:
Phone: 1-877-623-7866

I've been receiving automated advertisement calls from Time Warner for over a year. The caller ID says Time Warner and the number is [protected]. I've made dozens of calls to their central office([protected]) and each time they promise to remove my number from their calling system. And two weeks later I receive calls again... they system hangs up on you if no one is there to answer when you pick up. The last 5 months I have pitched a fit on the phone in their customer service and insist on a managers manager. The last time I spoke with Customer Service manager Sheila who promised to get back to me with a letter documentation and phone call of promised resolution. To no surprise, I never heard back and the calls continue. I left a message with Sheila last week and my call wasn't returned. Monday I will be calling a lawyer!! This is ridiculous. I am on a DO NOT call registry. I've reported them but I have Time Warner service because there are not other high speed options. I've even changed my phone number with them to be my work number. I did that months ago.. Yet the harassing calls continue. I was home sick with the flu trying to get some sleep only to be woken by their automated system as it hung up on me. It's time to sue the incompetent and inconsiderate ###. I hate the cable monopoly. Why aren't there other options...

Ar

Comments

• Sc
      2nd of Mar, 2008

I have had a similar thing happen to you. First, let me quote about from the Federal Trade Commission:

"One caveat: if a consumer asks a company not to call, the company may not call, even if there is an established business relationship. Indeed, a company may not call a consumer - regardless of whether the consumer's number is on the registry - if the consumer has asked to be put on the company's own do not call list."

(Taken from: https://www.donotcall.gov/faq/faqbusiness.aspx#who )

Therefore I would write via registered mail to Time Warner in writing quoting the above section from The Federal Trade Commission's Do Not Call List that you have a right to ask them to not share your number or call about "special offers" from Time Warner. Give them thirty days when you receive the letter, and if they still continue I definitely would talk to a lawyer and/or the FTC.

• Ge
      16th of Jan, 2011
    Time Warner Phone - overcharging
    timewarner
    8237sfloresapt111
    San Antonio
    Texas

time warner is overcharging on phone serves

• Yo
      13th of May, 2011

I also agree with you! I moved and decided to bundle with my AT&T service to save money. I explained on the phone while disconnecting from Time Warner why I was disconnecting and spoke to three different people and they all tried to convince me to change my service even when I said I would not keep it! Their installation fees are ridiculous and the men to set it up were always late (and I never received the promised fee refund if they were late). Today, the day after disconnecting, I received 8 phone calls starting at 9:30 A.M. from them. When I answered the first call the woman said they would continue to call unless I returned the modem or re-started service. I have a full week to return the modem and I've been busy moving! They continued to call until 6 P.M. leaving 7 blank voicemails. Isn't this harassment to get a past customer to start their service again? It just makes me to never use them again, even if I have to pay for a wireless broadband card.

• Am
      29th of Dec, 2014

I am having serious mental issues and anguish with Time Warner Cable. Not only were they dishonest but they call about 2-3 times a day harassing me asking me when I am going to continue services with them.. I have asked numerous times to be on the do not call list, I have serval do not call confirmation numbers, and I keep getting the run around from the employes of this horrible company.

I was told that I would receive a triple play package the next week of, oh wait I was promised by a lady named Hannah, and she swore up and down it would not BE OVER $100... Now the next day we look at our bill, $118, not a problem right? Wrong, we overdrafted 30 extra dollars due to their error in not telling us the right amount. Hence, we called and canceled, was reassured our money would be refunded in 3-5 business days. 3-5 business days passed, constant calling on their part asking me when I would get services installed. Needless to say, we never got refunded, so we called and turns out they did not refund the money, BUT promised again we would receive it by Christmas Eve... GOod, enough time to get gifts for family, , .. Well we lied to agAIN, and again, 4 different times, receiving numerous confirmation numbers, promises, and harassment calls. PLEASE GIVE US OUR MONEY BACK TIME WARNER CABLE AND STOP GIVING ME ANXIETY AND STRESS OVER THIS SITUATION.. It Looks bad on your company to take money and still harass customers... I will never ever recommend their services to anyone unless they specifically want horrible customer service. Please be aware of their fork like tongue and all their fake promises..