Time Warner Cableunending &emergency alert message&

J

For several weeks, the bottom 1/4 of the TV screen on most channels (but not ABC nor CBS) has been cluttered up with an "Emergency Alert Message - Required Weekly Test". This is ridiculous, that this has been going on for so long with NO EXPLANATION as to why it is NOT just a weekly test but an ongoing 24/7 thing.

• Te
    teebee2e Jan 15, 2009

I am so sick and tired of these test that I am ready to rip someone's head off. Before it was just dealing with the required weekly tests every single day, interrupting every single show that I watch, cutting off the audio and screeching loudly across my house, now today they started putting on there "required monthly test" after already being annoyed by several required weekly tests, I turned the tv off because i was so ticked off by it and sick of it. About an hour and a half later my son asked if he could turn the tv back on, same channel- and I told him yes, low and behold, as soon as he turned it on "SCREECH SCREECH THIS IS A REQUIRED MONTHLY TEST" I COULD SCREAM!

• As
    ASDFG HJKL Jan 25, 2009

IT ONLY SERVES TO UPSET THE TV VIEWER. 100% OF THOSE I ASK AGREE. EVEN THE REAL DEAL WHEN AN ABDUCTION HAS SUPPOSEDLY HAPPENED GETS FLASHED STATE WIDE. THAT'S A TOTAL WASTE
    BECAUSE NOT ONE BIT OF INFORMATION IS PROVDED ON THE RED SCOLL DURING OR AFTER THE SOUND BLAST TO TELL YOU WHEN OR WHERE OR WHO.
    HERE ARE TWO RESOLUTIONS TO THIS STUPIDITY. RUN THE SO CALLED REQUIRED TEST MONTHLY AT 3 IN THE MORNING. AND SECOUND, SEND THE WHOLE IDEA BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD WITHOUT THE 10 MEMBER COMMITEE INPUT ON HOW TO DESIGN AND IMPLEMENT THE PLAN. JUST GET SOMEONE WITH COMMON SENCE TO DO IT RIGHT THE SECOUND TIME..
    ANOTHER EXAMPLE OF OUR STATE GOVERNMENT WASTING TIME AND MONEY...

• Ki
    kituesday Jan 08, 2010

I find the emergency tests on Time Warner Cable so frequent and so irritating that I'm going to write my government officials. I think TWNYC is playing a nasty trick on us because they just don't give a ### - they're basically a monopoly, and the "weekly" tests are a joke for them. Can't wait for Fios in my neighborhood.

• Jk
    jkgarfield Jun 11, 2010

That test has occurred three times today and twice yesterday! There is no point whatsoever in having these "weekly" tests this many times a day. It interrupts my shows for no purpose. And what is the point of telling me what counties this test was done for? I have the right to call them up and complain.

• Tl
    Tlynnexec Dec 05, 2014

Tonight it is happening ever 20 minutes, even if I'm watching something from DVR. Very annoying

• De
    DevilOfAnger Feb 16, 2016

These tests are more of a nuisance that then are helpful. A premium service such as Cable, Satellite or Direct TV should not have to interrupt our shows with a red banner and annoying beep test every week or more, or even at all for that matter. They are not using FCC frequencies like broadcast T.V, and as such they are not bound by FCC indecency rules. Why should this emergency warning rule be any different? How about only display such a warning when there's, you know, an actual emergency!?

• Cm
    C McElroy Mar 29, 2016

Stop with the damned alerts already, They're not necessary because there's no real emergency. It's obnoxious.

• Wy
    Wyatt 654 Aug 27, 2016

It's like someone "crying wolf" or yelling "fire" in a crowded theater. When a real emergency actually happens, no one will take it serious. Time Warner Cable is full of wiseguys. File a complaint against them.