Tim Hortons / brain dead servers

1 Prince Edward Island, Canada Review updated:

You see the staff at tim hortons just dont give a ###.Yes they get min wage, but that is all they deserve and most cases to much.They are working there because due to lack of education or english speaking there choices are limited.I can tell the color of drive through server, by length and speed of line.
Instead of pretending to care, and try making something of them selves as Manager ect, but they just like being stupid and ignorant.I have a tims across the street from my house.I have to drive to another down street due to stupidity.I have writen tims and sugested they do secret spot checks as a customer to there franchises, but they think there to big to care.Well GM felt the same way, and there done.

Comments

7th of Apr, 2011

Dear NO MORE TIMS,
    As a loyal employee of Tim Hortons for the past 2 years I find your comments quite offensive. Not all employees are brain dead ###s, and judging by your ignorant comments perhaps your outlook on life is quite pessimistic and therefore you blow things out of proportion. It happens when the is little else in life to celebrate. Perhaps generalizing isn't in your best interests as I have known many Tim Hortons employees who are wonderful people and unlike yourself aren't so pessimistic. As far as your comment on the colour of the drive thru, this is very irrelevant in the drive thru times as any number of things can increase our drive thru times such as ignorant customers. In anycase 'sir' have yourself a wonderful day and hope nobody spits in your coffee.

• Sh
      16th of Apr, 2011

Hi there, I worked at Tim Hortons for amost two and a half years. Now that I am not employed by them anymore I do not feel remorse for saying any other this:

With the exception of a few really awesome customers (usually the regulars), Tim Hortons customers treat the counter staff like slaves. No wonder I didn't give a ###.. I was tired of being called names, made inferior and infantilized by the country hicks who marched in through the store as though they were better than everyone. I couldn't count the number of times I've had a customer make me run to the back in TEARS because I felt so degraded. I couldn't count the number of times I had to literally clean ### off the walls of the bathroom because some customers act like monkeys and actually fling poo at the walls. All that trouble for barely over minimum wage... and thats after two years of working there. Maybe its just "stupid and ignorant" of me to have thought that people should follow the basic principle of respecting others, just cause if they wear an ugly-### uniform and serve you donuts doesn't mean that they are your personal slaves.

• Fu
      17th of Apr, 2011

I don't think you know this, but at Timmy, we are actually suppose to put ranch on a ham and swiss unless otherwise instructed. Anyways, i'm sorry about your wrong order.

• Co
      26th of Apr, 2011

Dear NO MORE TIMS:

Allow me to dissect your comment, based on the criteria you measure Tim Horton's employees.

"You see the staff at tim hortons just dont give a ###.Yes they get min wage, but that is all they deserve and most cases to much." That sentence looked like it was written by a cousin-kissing F150 driving hick.

"They are working there because due to lack of education or english speaking there choices are limited.I can tell the color of drive through server, by length and speed of line." You mean 'THEIR choices are limited' right? I know, the English language is hard, especially for white folk like you and me. Perhaps you belong on the other side of the counter.

"Instead of pretending to care, and try making something of them selves as Manager ect, but they just like being stupid and ignorant." So are you telling me then that all Tim Horton's employees are stupid, but the Managers are the exception now? Oh, and lets not forget that they 'enjoy' being stupid. Shall I keep going? Ok.

"I have a tims across the street from my house.I have to drive to another down street due to stupidity.I have writen tims and sugested they do secret spot checks as a customer to there franchises, but they think there to big to care.Well GM felt the same way, and there done." You have to drive to another Tim Horton's down the street due to stupidity - your stupidity right? After all, it seems pretty stupid to me that you would drive out of your way to a different Tim Horton's when they all offer the same bad service that you claim. One last question - when you 'writen' Tim Horton's, did you use crayons, or did you get your mommy to help you?

Author's note: I do not work for Tim Horton's, I just can't stand racial innuendo.