TigerDirect.Com / terrible experience

We ordered a Projector form TigerDirect.com because they were the cheapest online. We asked for them to deliver it to our business office to sign for and they declined to ship that way. they claimed that they only ship to residences. I asked for them to Either require a signature or have it held at the shipping terminal for us to pick up. They would not do that. I mentioned that the item was a very expensive item and that we wanted a confirmation signature for receipt of the item. After waiting nearly 3 weeks for the item we called and were told to wait another week. It still never showed up. We called again and they claimed they shipped product out. We never received the item and asked for another one to be shipped. They never shipped the other one and to this day 2-18-09 we have never received the item. We ordered online in December and it doesn't take 3 months to get the product. We have called numerous times and They have no confirmation of delivery just that it was left at the door, as I suspected they would say. We spoke to our UPS driver and he claimed that he had not been here in nearly 5 months to deliver any packages. We called TigerDirect.com again and asked to speak to a supervisor, and they will not allow me to talk to a supervisor nor will give me corporate office info to resolve this matter. Sham on you TigerDirect.com. After looking up complaints about this company and info on the company, I have found many unhappy customers for fraudulent activities that othrs have sustained by TigerDirect.com. We will get to the bottom of this fraud if we have to file a suite against them for inappropriate business practices in court.

Ni

Comments

• Tr
      11th of Aug, 2016
    Tiger Direct.com - Buyer beware
    Tiger Direct.com

My emails have gone unanswered and customer service offers no answer to the problem but to wait?

The rebates were supposed to be sent six to 8 weeks after purchase and sending in of rebates. Now, four months later, there is still no rebates and a total lack of any support from Tiger Direct.

I would urge
    anybody who considers a purchase from Tiger Direct to make sure all rebates come from Tiger and NOT the manufacturer as Tiger Direct states "We are not responsible for rebates offered from the manufacturer." Yet, the advertise the rebates in BOLD print on their ads. Buyer Beware!

• Lo
      11th of Aug, 2016
    TigerDirect.com - Indifferent Service
    TigerDirect.com

I'm building a computer and purchased a number of parts from TigerDirect a few weeks ago. One of the parts - a video card - was sold with a $15 mail-in rebate. I had it on my to-do list to take care of, and got around to it today while in the process of ordering a _second_ video card from TigerDirect.

Long story short, I wasted nearly an hour struggling through the 10+ steps of that mail-in rebate process before finally giving up in disgust. I actually had to call customer service at one point because I had spent over 30 minutes trying to look up my rebate code on their website. The last straw was a step where I had to cut out a label and glue it onto the envelope..."the rebate may not be processed without the proper label."

I presume that this is exactly what TigerDirect is hoping for...make customers work so hard for that extra discount that they give up and concede the extra margin. It's a well-known tactic, so why should I expect anything else?

As a customer that's spent a lot of money with TigerDirect, I'm done with the cynical rebate mindset. They've won...they've worn me out. They can keep their extra $15. But they've also wasted my time & p---ed me off.

Therefore I called TigerDirect to cancel my order for the second video card - worth $379. The rep I spoke to didn't ask why and couldn't give me a clear answer if my order could be cancelled. It was a frustrating call, and his attitude struck me as completely indifferent. So I emailed TigerDirect to outline the situation & explain why I cancelled my order...hoping that someone would read it and perhaps want to actually make things right. Their response: a two-sentence, misspelling-filled "Dear Valued Customer" blowoff email. They lose $379 from me and they can't even address an email to me by name?

So...why am I going to all this trouble to call, email and write this post over 15 bucks? In some small way I'd like to send a message to companies that cynical rebate schemes that are designed to minimize fulfillment are completely unacceptable. Yes this is unfortunately the status-quo for many, but it's still unacceptable. Frankly they ought to be illegal. I feel ripped off, but TigerDirect doesn't seem to care. They lose my business, and they don't seem to care. Amazing.

How to make this right? Refund my $15 immediately. No games. I spent over $1400 with you expecting this rebate and shouldn't have to jump through hoops.