Thrifty Car Rental / illegal charges for loss of use
Warning to all that have the misfortune to have an accident in a rental car owned by Thrifty. In Albuquerque New Mexico in the Summer 2008 I had such a misfortune. Bottom line, in New Mexico and several other states which follow the NAAG (National Association of Attorney Generals) guidelines, a rental company cannot charge Loss of Use that is not proportion to their local fleet usage rates. Thrifty charged 100% (fleet usage around 75%) and did so based on a fictitious body shop labor day of five hours instead of the industry standard of eight.
After several months of obfuscation from Thrifty, I am now forced to file a law suit to have them honor the law. If anyone has a similar situation and would like to participate in a class action suit, please leave a response to this post. Thank You.
More Thrifty Car Rental Complaints & Reviews
- Thrifty Car Rental - $25 admin fee for 0.25 toll charge 
- Thrifty Car Rental - unethical business practices 
- Thrifty Car Rental Romania - overcharged the cancellation fee 
- Thrifty Car Rental - rip off 
- Thrifty Car Rental - drop off charges 
- Thrifty Rent A Car - thrifty rental car is the worst... be aware renters
- Thrifty Rent A Car - msp car rental blue chip member
- Thrifty Rental Car - false damage claim
- Thrifty Rent A Car - service i’m complaining about
- Thrifty Rent A Car - car not available at pick up when reserved