Thomasville Furnituredon't buy their furniture

DO NOT BUY FROM THOMASVILLE!!! My mother wanted to buy a bedroom set from Thomasville so we went and picked out the Cinnamon Hill set. We were told it would take two weeks. The cost of the bed, night stand, and two dressers was $5400.00. Two months later the bedroom set arrived. I found out later after badgering the sales manager that they are no longer manufactured in America! That’s why it took so long. We charged it to my wife’s card which was because they have air miles. Good thing we did that instead of using my mothers, when the set was delivered three of the four pieces were defective, some had different finish, some were scraped and some showed some patchwork, we were very disgusted that we waited so long for this junk. I called the sales manager and told him that I wanted a refund, he said he could not give me all my money back due to the fact that hidden in a very long contract there was a provision calling for a 45% restocking fee!!! I explained that it was not due to me changing my mind but that it was due to inferior quality of the furniture. We argued back and forth and later I agreed to give him another shot but said I was not going to wait another 2 months for it to be shipped from china or South America or wherever they do business. He called me back the next day and said he was going to give me someone else’s shipment (that is probably what happened to mine) and that he would oversee and assured me that he would make it right and if not he would then refund my money if I was not satisfied. He also said that we could go to the warehouse in Edison, NJ to inspect it before delivery. We did and guess what, it was even worse than the first set!! It had scratches, different colored finishes, scratches and all these little holes in the wood that they just stained over instead of puttying, sanding and then staining. Not for nothing but I could do a better job of finishing a piece as I have on a few occasions. We decided to dispute the charges to our credit card by calling the credit company as soon as we rejected the first shipment, you must do so within the first 60 days. We rejected the second set and walked out. I waited another day after that and planned to go back to the store and threaten the manager with a lawsuit if he did not give me a refund. But that evening my wife called me at work and told me that the credit card company credited us with a refund and that they would go after Thomasville!! Thank you so much to the credit card company because I was getting so frigging mad that I was going to get a permit to picket their store!! Do not let anyone you care about do business with this company, I think they will be out of business in a few years, they are ruining their company trying to cut corners and outsource to unskilled cheap labor. If there is someone that you really hate or have a serious ax to grind with, then by all means recommend Thomasville to them!!

Ga

Comments

• Dl
      Jun 10, 2011

I completely agree! We have had several pieces of furniture - a dining room set, delivered over and over again! Each time the quality and finish on the product has been completely unacceptable. We have given the company plenty of time to rectify the situation yet they have not. I'm afraid at this time we are going to have to pursue legal action. This company has cut way too many corners and is now delivering Walmart quality furniture at Premium prices. Totally unacceptable!!!

Nov 16, 2012

Bought a Thomasville couch last year. It lasted 9.5 months before the spring broke one night the week before Thanksgiving. My husband took the part that flew across the room back to the store. They confirmed it was a manufacturer's defect and would only rebuild our couch. We waited 4 days for them to call to schedule pick up.We had to call the store to even get them to call us. It's all about when they can do it not what works for us. They couldn't understand what we were suppose to do with a couch in our family room that one one can sit on especially during the holiday gathering with 24 people. They will get back to us...sometime I guess... NOT HAPPY and will pursue them. Will never buy from them again!

• ...24 people sitting on a couch? No wonder the springs popped! Here is my advice: Jenny Craig; Spellcheck and stop your sniveling. This post of yours read like a bad (and verbose) novel. Quite a bore.