Thomasville Cabinets / Gooey Substance leaking from side recess tracks in TV cabinet

1 Buffalo Grove, IL, United States

We purchased an oak 3-unit cabinets, two bookcases and a center TV unit. We were told this
was "heritage-type furniture". The TV cabinet has slides that permit the doors to slide into the unit out of site while viewing. They are oozing a black, tar-like substance and it is smearing onto the front of the doors since they touch this material when recessed.

I contacted the dealer but because they are 20-years-old I am told, TOO BAD! A repairman
suggested trying to remove the tar substance with mineral oil and then putting baby powder
onto the remaining tar on the side-slide. It is absolutely terrible and makes another mess while I attempt to remove it.

A manufacturer of high-end products does itself no service when it ignores such complaints.
I know time has passed but the problem developed WITH TIME and should be backed by the
manufacturer. I certainly didn't have any way to cause this deterioration of their product.
Didn't they check when purchasing these slides to make sure they would stand the test of time?