Thomasville Cabinets / Gooey Substance leaking from side recess tracks in TV cabinet
We purchased an oak 3-unit cabinets, two bookcases and a center TV unit. We were told this
was "heritage-type furniture". The TV cabinet has slides that permit the doors to slide into the unit out of site while viewing. They are oozing a black, tar-like substance and it is smearing onto the front of the doors since they touch this material when recessed.
I contacted the dealer but because they are 20-years-old I am told, TOO BAD! A repairman
suggested trying to remove the tar substance with mineral oil and then putting baby powder
onto the remaining tar on the side-slide. It is absolutely terrible and makes another mess while I attempt to remove it.
A manufacturer of high-end products does itself no service when it ignores such complaints.
I know time has passed but the problem developed WITH TIME and should be backed by the
manufacturer. I certainly didn't have any way to cause this deterioration of their product.
Didn't they check when purchasing these slides to make sure they would stand the test of time?
More Thomasville Cabinets Complaints & Reviews
- Thomasville Furniture - Raw deal, lies! 
- Thomasville Furniture - Problems with Thomasville furniture! 
- Thomasville Furniture - Shoddy quality (if any)
- Thomasville Furniture - Bad everything 
- Thomasville Furniture - Bad customer service 
- Thomasville Furniture / Heritage Home Group - $3k table in the worst shape i've ever seen from any store
- Thomasville - swivel chair 
- Thomasville - Poor quality furniture
- Thomasville Furniture - No delivery after 4 months, terrible customer service
- Thomasville Furniture - Products & Services