The Sims 3 By Ea Gamesuniversity life ep

I'm sure there are lots of other similar complaints out there about this exact same thing, but I am so fed up right now, I need to tell my version of what's been happening. I love The Sims game, but they have always had problems with glitches and other frustrating problems. I have been playing The Sims 3 for a few years now, and never had any serious problems. It maybe froze once or twice, but nothing too awful. I just learned I have to save more often. But now I recently got several expansion packs I've been wanting. They sounded great, and I didn't expect there to be any problems with them. However, the University Life EP is completely worthless. Don't get me wrong, I love the concept and it adds so much to the game. The problem is, once my sim is finished with the term of college, the moving van comes to pick her up like it's supposed to, and she gets in to leave town, but her old neighborhood never loads. It goes to the loading screen and the loading bar at the bottom fills up alllmmooosstt all the way, then just stops. The screen keeps changing so I know the game isn't frozen. It just never finishes moving her back home. I've let it sit for more than an hour, but the screen just keeps changing while the loading bar stays the same. I end up having to restart my computer and reboot The Sims. Once the game is restarted, I can open her file without any problems, it just reverts back to my last saving point where she's at college. But I've tried sending her home 3 times now to no avail. Lots of people online are saying to try dropping her out of college rather than waiting for the moving van to pick her up, but if I do that, she won't receive any credit for the college term, and I had spent hours making sure she got straight A's, so I REALLY don't want to do that. And here's the thing I just find ridiculous: I'm not even close to the only one experiencing this problem or some variation of it, and it's been going on since the expansion pack came out more than a year ago, yet EA has done NOTHING to fix it. That's just unbelievable to me!! They have the ability to make downloadable patches to solve problems in the game, and they've done so in the past, yet this problem, which completely defeats the purpose of even having the University Life expansion to begin with, has been going on since 2013 and nothing has been done! Sims players have actually had to find their own solutions using mods, which is great that some people were able to get their game working again (I was not because my version of the problem was different that most), but it shouldn't have to come to that. People have spent their money on this game and expansion pack, and they should be able to expect that it's ACTUALLY GOING TO WORK. And it's not up to the consumer to make sure that happens. It's the responsibility of the company making the game in the first place. Like I said, I think The Sims is a great game. I think they expansion packs are great additions to gameplay. But unless the game actually works like it's supposed to, especially when it comes to basic things like being able to get to and go home from a location, there's no point in wasting your money. I'm appalled at the fact that this is a well known, long term and widespread problem with University Life (and also World Adventures, I have heard), yet I have not seen one single thing anywhere online where a person who actually works for EA has given us any solutions or even acknowledged the problem.

Jo