The Hartford Financial Services Group / &Reasonable costs& for reimbursement unreasonable
I purchased the Premier plan for my 2 pets because it was the lowest plan that covered dental cleanings. For 10 months I paid $110 per month without filing a claim.
Then I filed the claim for the 2 dental cleanings with pre-op blood work. While the amount I paid for the cleanings came to about $1200, they covered about $250 for each pet, saying that was 80% of the "reasonable costs".
I have used many vets over the years, and even 20 years ago the cheapest dental cleaning I saw was $500. When I talked to the customer service rep, she told me that they get "reasonable costs" by averaging the costs of vets in the area INCLUDING the Humane Society (I'm sorry, is that an option, to have my personal pets' medical care given by a charity who cares for homeless pets?)
So I searched the internet for vets in my area, and I called the first ten vets that popped up. The average price for dental cleanings with pre-op blood work was about $450. (One was very low - $200 - but everyone else was about $500-$600 or more).
I wrote a nice appeal letter, which, of course, was denied stating only that the amount charged by my vet was above "reasonable costs".
This is not over. I will be contacting the BBB, the parent company, the ASPCA themselves, the Humane Society and anyone else who might be interested. In the meantime, do not make the same mistake I did!
More The Hartford Financial Services Group Complaints & Reviews
- Aarp - Hartford / Auto Insurance - Late billing & Cancellation Fee 
- The Hartford - Where is my money? 
- Hartford Insurance Company - Hidden fees 
- Aarp / The Hartford - Insurance 
- Hartford Insurance - Harrasment 
- AARP Hartford Automobile Insurance Co - automobile insurance 
- The Hartford Financial Services Group - bogus auto insurance
- The Hartford - auto insurance 
- The Hartford - claim y83 ac 48398 event pa0017338965 april 19, 2017
- The Hartford - work comp