Telus Mobility / unfounded date usage charges

1 Calgary, Alberta, Canada Review updated:
Phone: 1-866-558-2273

Since I became a Telus Pay and Talk client I have had various problems. Initially I could not send or receive text messages. So they gave me a new number. Then I couldn't receive picture messages. That was fixed. The main and major ongoing and never rectified problem I have had is getting charged for webbrowsing, downloading ringtones and games. When it first occured they credited me back. One day, there was approximately $5 worth of data usage charges overnight (bear in mind my phone is always on me and if not it is locked with a code and the keys are configured so that I can not "accidently" sign on to the web). I called in and they said that there is no way that this is possible. I even took the phone to the Telus store and the manager reviewed my web history and ringtones and found nothing and advised client care of her findings. They said the charges lined up with my serial number. One of the reps was really rude and accusing me of lying. I would check my balance online and see these charges and call in and get credited back and then they set up two investigations which concluded nothing. On one call I was so upset that the rep credited me $30 worth of credit - just a bandaid solution. It is clear to me that Telus Mobility is ripping people off one data usage charge at a time. The problem still has not been rectified rather the last rep gave me the unlimited web browing feature free of charge so that I can't keep track of the data usage on my transaction history. Once it expires, if the unfounded data usage continues, I will be giving up on Telus. Please note that I have talked to various family and friends and viewed many online forums in which there are many more people experiencing this problem. Thus contrary to what Telus is saying, the problem does exist and is possible.

Ch

Comments

• Ta
      26th of Nov, 2008

I'm having problems with Telus Communications not mobility but they keep sending me a bill for phone number that doesn't exist any longer, I complain, send letters, fax and e-mail to no avail ... a full year and a half later I'm still getting charged !!!

• Ju
      7th of Nov, 2009

I have had the same problem, for the past couple of months I was recieving bills from telus that were outrageous! 300-400 phone bills, (i am a student and obviously cannot afford these kind of bills, who can anyways) but the main problem was that when I would review my bill some of the things I was being charged for, I wasn`t actually using, or the features were not even possible on my phone, for example a `radio package`was on my bill one month for 15$...I called in and told the customer service woman that my phone is not even capable of recieving radio.
    These kinds of things kept happening, until one phone call last month I had hit my limit, I knew there were atleast 6 things on my bill that I had not used or done. I once again called in to `customer service` and threatened to cancel my contract, because it was literally costing me more to keep the phone every month than to just end the contract.
    The woman on the phone got scared and credited me 250$!!!
    I was in shock, with the click of a button I had a 250$ credit, it was incredible.
    If this does happen to you, dont let them push you around, they will make you out to be a liar and they will do what it takes to get the money from you even if its under false pretenses.
    stick to your guns! and maybe you`ll be lucky!!! otherwise get out of the contract, its isnt worth the stress.

• Mi
      22nd of Nov, 2009

Me, my siblings and most of my friends started with a telus cell. Word has it "Telus is great". Now, it's just me and Telus, everyone-else moved on. Telus was VERY good to me (us) in the beginning but over time, they started to treat me (us) bad; then they got worst, and worst, and more worst with each passing year. It appeared to me they were only concerned with new clients, getting and keeping them; but then again, maybe it was just me. At a recent company meeting, an inquiry by a personnel looking for a good cellular company took us off topic. When asked, another personnel replied, "I don't know what to tell you. I've been with Telus for so long that they treat me bad now!" Roars of laughter bellowed, myself included, for a very long time. It turned out more than half the room was with Telus and everyone felt the same. It felt good to laugh, even better to learn that I wasn't alone. I’m thinking about changing service provider now too…word has it, Fido is good?

Anyway, for the rest of the Telus customers out there, remember, you're not alone...many, many, many others feel the same you!! Just remember...
    "WE ALL HAVE BEEN WITH TELUS SO LONG THAT THEY TREAT US BAD TOO!"
    (Telus should adopt this phase as their new motto...would make a great commercial, at least an accurate one.) LOL