Telus Mobility / billing and harassment after cancellation
After being talked into trying multiple 'plans' with Telus Mobility, none of which reduced the monthly cost compared to a landline, I called in July and cancelled my account.
When I got yet another statement in August, I called twice that month and was told I was supposed to talk with a 'cancellation team' and that telling the customer service agent I reached after waiting in a 'cue' for about 30 minutes was insufficient to cancel my account.
When I paid my July statement in August, however, I was charged a $30 'reconnection fee', which I questioned since I was told the account wasn't cancelled.
I have also received statements in September and August although I haven't used my cell phone since July.
The Telus Mobility representative I dealt with during one to two calls in August literally had me in tears and at that point I literally had to ask him to pull me in contact with the 'cancellation team' in order to cancel my cell phone service.
I haven't used my cell phone since July, but the company will be referring my account to a collection agency and affecting my credit rating.
I have had a land line account with Telus for decades. I've never been treated like this by any other service company.
The customer service agents aren't there for customer service; they're marketers trained to technically keep the customer on the hook for more charges.
I have no option but to contact the CRTC about my experience; and I have no doubt that I am not alone. The class action suit regarding the 'Access fee' I've been charged for the years I had my cell phone account are but the tip of the iceberg.
Telus Mobility in my experience is synonymous with corporate coercion and greed.
More Telus Mobility Complaints & Reviews
- Telus Mobility - very, very unhappy customer! 
- Telus/Easy PC plan - false advertising and overcharging 
- Telus Mobility - deceptive cancellation charges 
- Telus Mobility - do not consider telus mobility! 
- Telus - misleading advertising 
- Telus Communications - telus mobility account
- Telus Communications - customer service
- Telus Communications - making fraud activity on my website
- Telus Communications - cell phone
- Telus Communications - 7 month recurring issue