Telkom / service delivery

South Africa

Mr. Zwelithini Jiyane came to my shop on 25 July 2016 to install a Telkom landline ([protected]) and ADSL line ([protected]).

He came in and only installed the ADSL line, and left the brand new router in my shop, saying that he will come again later to set up the router.

Today, as I was trying to set up my phones, I realized that there is only one line from Telkom, which was for the ADSL. THERE IS NO TELKOM LANDLINE. HE HAD NOT RETURNED TO SET UP THE ADSL ROUTER.

I tried resolving the issue with the Telkom Customer Care, only to be told that I have to RE-PAY them in order for that technician to come and finish his job because it has been more than 7 days.

It took ONE HOUR for Customer Care to eventually resolve my problem by placing a new service order and providing me with the procedure for complaints.

I am not happy that I have to pay your company again so that you can finish the job you were supposed to have completed in July. And I am not happy that Mr. Zwelithini Jiyane did not finish his job, or even follow up on his job in the first place. I am also displeased that it will take 48 HOURS to process the service delivery.

As a business customer, this whole process has been a nuisance.

Vo