Telkom SA — unable to cancel service and stop accumulation of line rental
I am acting on behalf of my 83 year mother. My mother moved from Witbank, Mpumalanga, South Africa to Gauteng South Africa during January 2017. On the 24th January 2017 an e-mail with the cancellation form was send to consultant Keriha Surajlall and [protected]@telkom.co.za . We haven't heard anything from Telkom and at the end of March 2017 we receive an account for R 550. I phoned the customers services line on the 11th April 2017 and spoke to consultant Josef Boesak who asked me to e-mail him all related documents and correspondence and promised me that he will followup with the relevant departments and revert back to me with a solution. I have e-mailed him all the documents as requested and to date, 2017/05/03, we haven't had any further feedback just another account of R 720.75, delivered at a wrong address even after I have supplied an alternative postal address. As per information supplied by Josef Boesak, the amount carried over to the February account was R 207.20, which we are willing to pay, but we are not willing to pay the rentals for the line for February, March and April 2017 seeing that Telkom has been informed of the cancellation. It is very clear that someone or a department at Telkom SA are not doing their job as they are supposed to, that they don't care about customers and don't care about possible future business even though there have been news that Telkom SA is not doing that well financially.
All I want is to get the line cancelled and the rentals reversed. My mother is not even aware of this problem! Would you like your mother of 83 to be burdened with something like this?
More Telkom SA Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom SA SOC - connection 3g flla wifi phone 
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018