Telkom SA SOC / unable to get through to change banking details

South Africa Review updated:

I needed to change my banking details rather suddenly and have been trying to contact Telkom for the past month to inform them of the new account number that needs to be debited, but it is impossible to get someone to take my calls. I have called the call centre several times, at different times during the day, and every single time, every single agent was busy. I held on the line for 10-15 minutes at a time, paying for the call as the Telkom sim card is in a router and cannot be used to make calls. I found out 2 weeks later that the call centre was experiencing difficulties, but this was never mentioned anywhere and I was wasting my time hanging on the line.

I then used the contact form on the website and finally someone responded to me after a few days. I sent through my details and every time it took at least two days to get a response. Eventually it was confirmed that my banking details would be updated...for September! I informed them that it needed to be for August, and now the only response I get is that it has been referred. I requested the contact details of a manager to escalate this to, I was only provided an email address, and it does not accept emails. They also keep asking me to call the call centre, yet they never answer calls. I finally did get through this morning, but the system is offline and they can't do anything, or phone me back. So then what is the point of having a contact centre?

I am beyond frustrated and fed up, and for trying to get Telkom to take my money this month! The service is absolutely appalling

Ke
Aug 20, 2018

Comments

• Nt
      Aug 23, 2018

Hi Kerish, I understand your frustration as I am currently experiencing the same problem! I have been trying to update my banking details since last week, but their systems have been offline ever since. Finally today, I am being told my new account needs to be older than three months therefore I will have to make manual payments. As if that was not enough, I was told I need to make payment 10 days before my debit order date or else I will be charged a certain penalty fee! I asked to be transferred to management as this did not make sense at all, they refused to put me through. Don't know where else to turn to as I am encountering other problems with them