Telkom SA SOCservice cancelled, but amount was never closed

HI there,

Account No: [protected]
Service line: [protected]

First request was sent on 14th July 2016
Second escalation was sent on 5th October 2016 (via your telkom chat service)

I cancelled my account in early 2016, I followed the process by completing the cancellation form and attached all my relevant documents. During the course of 2016, I enquired several times as to why my account was never cancelled/ stopped to which I was told the issues will be escalated. After complaining a few times, it was eventually cancelled in late 2016 by the technical department. Now I have an issue where my account is still not credit and cleared. I was told that this would be done after the cancellation. Clearly it was never done!!!

Yesterday I applied for a cellphone contract, but I was declined as there is an outstanding balance to my surprise. This is really unacceptable and I am disgusted by the treatment from the Telkom side. My account was handed over incorrectly and i have received many calls from debt collectors. Just to find out today that the account is still not sorted out. why must clients beg Telkom departments to resolve issues. I dont feel the need to log a dispute and beg someone to look at my issues. What is the damn issues, clearly you don’t know your own business process? It seems like I have to tell you what the process should be. I didn’t [censored] up here and why I am held accountable? Totally and utterly disgusted. Please do not advertise all these wonderful products and service, when you know you cant even provide a proper after sale service... I cant wait for my data contract to come up for renewal so I can move away. Please go learn a thing of two from CellC… one thing they know is how to treat customer bad but Telkom takes the cake.

Can someone please sort this damn mess out...

Ja