Telkom SA SOC — new sim card phone
My parents are 90 living in the Crags Plettenberg Bay. Their phone cables were stolen and Telkom has decided not to put the cables back and told residents they have to use the new Telkom phone which has a SIM card. For 6 months my parents have been charged for their unlimited calls line via debit order but they cannot use the phone. We have been phoning daily. They were told to take the phone into Knysna Telkom. At 90 YEARS OLD they drove to Knysna out of pure DESPERATION to be told to leave the phone there and come back after one week. When they went back they were given the phone back without a SIM card. My Mother had the sense to ask where the SIM card was. She was then given a new SIM card out of a sealed packet. Again when they got home NOTHING!! The entire family has been phoning Telkom daily to get them to set up their phone. Finally we discovered that my parents number had been cancelled and they had been given their friends number. He had cancelled his contract with Telkom for the same reasons. Now they can call out using his number but still cannot receive calls and they seem to have lost their old phone number. Every time we phone we get told it will be sorted out in 24 hours!! This service is SHOCKING!! My parents have had a nervous breakdown over the stress that this has caused! I am going to put this story everywhere including Carte Blanche.
More Telkom SA SOC Complaints & Reviews
- Telkom SA - accounts department 
- Telkom - service not just serious it is ridiculous! 
- Telkom SA - slow adsl connection 
- Telkom/ Adsl Line - service and fault non-repairs 
- Telkom SA SOC - connection 3g flla wifi phone
- Telkom SA SOC - landline not activated after 12 phone calls
- Telkom SA SOC - telkom line faulty in over a year
- Telkom SA SOC - impossible to cancel
- Telkom SA SOC - wrong billing for no data.
- Telkom SA SOC - billings and inactive internet / wifi line since feb 2018