Telkom / laptop contract

Durban, ZA

On 1 November 2016, I signed for a laptop contract Lenovo Ideapad. The technician who was helping with the setup told me that for all technical queries I can contact Lenovo for all network queries I can contact Telkom.

When I got home, the laptop was working fine but I later realised that the battery wasn't charging. I tried downloading programs like Energy manager but the fault never got resolved. On Wednesday 2 November, I phoned the Lenovo contact centre, I got the number online. The technician tried to help but still the problem remained. The Lenovo technician told me to contact PartServe. I went to PartServe on Thursday 03 November, they told me to leave the laptop. On Friday, I phoned to enquire and was told there was something wrong with the motherboard and they will give me a credit note.

I took the credit note to Telkom Pavilion on Monday 07 November, I was told that I was wrong to send the laptop directly to PartServe. The manager Venon told me that he won't give us a new laptop as he doesn't have authorisation. Today is Wednesday 09 November we have not heard from Telkom and are frustrated. No one is willing to assist us and we need this laptop for business.

PLEASE help resolve this query for us

Sa